For those of you in Pampanga

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I will double check next time I'm in S&R. I know you can get US Beef at Prime Choice in Clark but it may cost more than S&R. 

https://www.primechoice.ph/

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I will double check next time I'm in S&R. I know you can get US Beef at Prime Choice in Clark but it may cost more than S&R. 

https://www.primechoice.ph/

Does Prime Choice have a retail outlet in Clark?  They only list Cavite on the website.

TimL
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the link Happy. Yes, prime choice is definitely expensive for US beef. Oh well, you only live once right? 🙄🙄🙄

Can always to fly to Japan and grab a Kobe somewhere. Lol  I guess I better start getting used to Aussie or NZ beef as one would go broke quick, fast and in a hurry trying to eat US beef all the time. I really do appreciate all of the info from you Happy and you too OnMyWay, I am already way ahead of the learning curve as a result of your help. 

• Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Here's a option to look at    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarlac.

Tarlac is my wife's home area.  It's next to Pampanga.

• Like 3

TimL
Posted
Posted

Thank you Oldutot. That might be a bit too agricultural for me. I think I would prefer staying closer to malls, shopping, restaurants, airport etc.

Judging by what I’ve been reading regarding drivers licenses for expats, probably best for me to remain close to public transportation as well.

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted (edited)

My girlfriend is from Tarlac so we go there at least once a month. The place is totally "Dead". Do an Agoda search for hotels in Tarlac and only four or five property's pop up before they start listing the hundreds of Angeles City Hotels. If you want to live in some type of burg then at least find a place on the water. 

Edited by Happyhorn52

TimL
Posted
Posted

Nahhh, I’m good. I saw enough on the wiki page. I grew up on a farm, out in the middle of nowhere… Done with that life. :hystery:

While I’m not a party animal anymore, I still need to be a bit closer to the action and civilization in general. Angeles sounds pretty good, I will most definitely be heading there in August to check things out. Curious, what’s the traffic like? Hopefully not gridlocked like Manila and Cebu. 

In Cebu I was like a 5 minute drive from the mall that was always a 20-30 minute drive due to traffic.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

My girlfriend is from Tarlac so we go there at least once a month. The place is totally "Dead". Do an Agoda search for hotels in Tarlac and only four or five property's pop up before they start listing the hundreds of Angeles City Hotels. If you want to live in some type of burg then at least find a place on the water. 

Tarlac might get a boost from the New Clark City development, which is west of Capas, north of Angeles, but considered part of Clark.

https://newclarkcityph.com/

There is another big development going up in Porac.  My doc compared it to Alabang.

1 hour ago, TimL said:

Curious, what’s the traffic like?

Not too bad but it can get bad at rush hours.  The freeport is nice with big wide roads in many places.  I drove from the South Clark SCTEX exit to Dau S&R yesterday, and it was relatively mellow on a Sunday.  MacArthur Hwy (National Hwy) can get bad on weekdays, but not Manila bad.

• Like 2

TimL
Posted
Posted

Thank you. I can work around rush hour traffic, not too much you can do though when it’s congested all the time. It definitely sounds promising, I am eager to get there and have a look around. 

bows00
Posted
Posted

I am currently spending a month in Angeles City at the Kandi Tower's and I am loving it here.  I pay around $550/month for a studio and the internet connection is about as good as it gets in the Philippines, no complaints.  I really enjoy the huge pool, great gym, friendly 24 hour coffee shop and convenience store.  In addition, I just found out that they do Visa extensions here too.  

However, I find myself spending a lot more money here when compared to other cities in the Philippines, like Dumaguete, Bohol and even Bonifacio Global City.  There are many high end restaurants here - not to mention the relentless bar scene.  Being single with money in the Philippines can be a dangerous thing.

I don't deserve to be having this much fun... 

• Like 4