7 hours ago, TimL said:

:hystery: that’s pretty scary.

Best to quote what your replying to. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2018 at 2:15 PM, Happyhorn52 said:

On of the first things I did when arriving was get a Philippines Drivers License and buy a used SUV

I would really refrain from buying a vehicle upon arriving to the Philippines.  There are a lot of expats that have done so and have regretted the purchase.  A scooter (like the Honda 125cc Click) may be more practical unless you decide to live in the Subic Freeport area where you will need a car to get around.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, bows00 said:

A scooter (like the Honda 125cc Click) may be more practical unless you decide to live in the Subic Freeport area where you will need a car to get around.

Honda have got a promo on the Wave 110 and the Wave 110 Alpha (semi-automatic scooters) with 4,500 peso off their normal prices at the moment.

https://hondaph.com/honda-philippines-inc-45th-anniversary-blow-out-promo/

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Best to quote what your replying to. :thumbsup:

Will do Jolly. Just figured since I replied directly under the post I was commenting, that people would be able to keep up. ;)

TimL
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Honda have got a promo on the Wave 110 and the Wave 110 Alpha (semi-automatic scooters) with 4,500 peso off their normal prices at the moment.

https://hondaph.com/honda-philippines-inc-45th-anniversary-blow-out-promo/

Ouch. That would be quite a step down from the Road Glide Ultra CVO that I’m used to riding. :hystery:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, TimL said:

Will do Jolly. Just figured since I replied directly under the post I was commenting, that people would be able to keep up. ;)

Yes and no because if 3 people were posting at the same time then, well you know.  :smile:

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes and no because if 3 people were posting at the same time then, well you know.  :smile:

Understood. I will quote the post that I am replying to. 👍🏻

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, TimL said:

Ouch. That would be quite a step down from the Road Glide Ultra CVO that I’m used to riding. :hystery:

I have a 2017 Street Glide in Australia but in my opinion 'big bikes' aren't very practical in the Philippines (let alone a Harley).

They attract attention (and I try to keep a low profile as far as practicable), parts are restricted to a few 'big bike' dealers (1 HD shop is it in Manila as far as I know), local mechanics are unlikely to have any experience working on them and if something goes wrong you're probably on your own.  I've got one friend with a Yamaha XSR900 here but it only gets taken out of home for the occasional big bike group ride or motor show.

Where as a small bike can be left just about anywhere and it will be ignored.

I think the question you have to ask yourself is "Do I want a play thing?  (and use a car for local transport)  Or do I want something to go to the shops on?" 

(or maybe both, with the price of small bikes here it's completely possible to have both).

• Like 2

TimL
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I have a 2017 Street Glide in Australia but in my opinion 'big bikes' aren't very practical in the Philippines (let alone a Harley).

They attract attention (and I try to keep a low profile as far as practicable), parts are restricted to a few 'big bike' dealers (1 HD shop is it in Manila as far as I know), local mechanics are unlikely to have any experience working on them and if something goes wrong you're probably on your own.  I've got one friend with a Yamaha XSR900 here but it only gets taken out of home for the occasional big bike group ride or motor show.

Where as a small bike can be left just about anywhere and it will be ignored.

I think the question you have to ask yourself is "Do I want a play thing?  (and use a car for local transport)  Or do I want something to go to the shops on?" 

(or maybe both, with the price of small bikes here it's completely possible to have both).

No, I wouldn't even dream of bringing my CVO over there to try to get around in the cities. That'd be a nightmare and I agree, way too much unwanted attention. I'll play that one by ear once I sort out if it's even possible for me to get a license or not. I may just have to wait until/if I decide to stay permanently and start the SRRV process. Public transport is quite cheap there compared to the US so, that should be too much of an issue for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Silvester
Posted
Posted

Hi I may be a little late to this topic but I heard there's a development coming to Pampanga which is really interesting. 

Megaworld, the same company who made Eastwood and Mckineley Hill has an upcoming project here so basically what they're building within a 36 hectare land are Condos, School, Museum, Mall, Shopping District, And Office spaces. I heard they're building this rainwater park aswell that gathers rainwater to avoid flooding in the area. It's really nice since Pampanga is the next best place to go to after Manila due to Manila being too congested. And Pampanga has easy access to Clark Airport and North Luzon Express Way.

• Like 1