Conversion 13a (Probationary) to 13a (Permanent)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I have my Probationary ACR but it needs converting to a permanent one in two months, Anyone knows the requirements for the conversion?   

@jimeve

Jim the process is the same,  "Eves" letter should state that she is applying for your Upgrade tp permanent and you are still living together as man and wife. You will need a new NBI clearance. BTW now is the time to do it mate :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

@jimeve

Jim the process is the same,  "Eves" letter should state that she is applying for your Upgrade tp permanent and you are still living together as man and wife. You will need a new NBI clearance. BTW now is the time to do it mate :thumbsup:

Cheers Jack. what a headache it will be worth it in the end. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

Cheers Jack. what a headache it will be worth it in the end. 

:thumbsup: Yes! always a headache withe BI but as you say worth it in the end :wink:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2018 at 6:34 PM, Gary D said:

According to the Philippines embassy website that is no longer the case. Their website is down at the moment so I can't link to the relevant section but it seems to have changed.

Thanks - I'm relieved I got mine before the change. Saved a lot of time and money by going through the process just once in Hong Kong.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
On 7/18/2018 at 4:22 AM, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: Yes! always a headache withe BI but as you say worth it in the end :wink:

Here is the section from the Philippines embassy London.

The non-quota immigrant visa is initially a single entry visa, valid for one (1) year, which should be renewed in the Philippines for three (3) consecutive years. On the fourth year, the applicant may apply for permanent residence in the Philippines

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

On the fourth year, the applicant may apply for permanent residence in the Philippines

For a 13a, the applicant must be married to a Filipino, The OP is already a Provisional Resident, he is wanting to upgrade to a Permanent

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

For a 13a, the applicant must be married to a Filipino, The OP is already a Provisional Resident, he is wanting to upgrade to a Permanent

Ah got the wrong quote, should have been hk blues. The 13a is the non-quota visa.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

Ah got the wrong quote, should have been hk blues. The 13a is the non-quota visa.

:thumbsup::wink: We all get them days :whistling: I think i am about to get one :smile:

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I've got my application documents ready.  Need to have joint affidavit notarized, but due to current habagat (monsoon) rains, I can't get to Angeles BI office due to flooding around Pampanga and region.  I still have until August 10th before my current status expires.  I would think if things don't improve before then, they would make an exception due to numerous states of calamities declared.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Need to have joint affidavit notarized

Did they tell you it had to be notarized?  We didn't have ours notarized for Balanga.  However, we had to make a new letter because it needed to addressed to the commissioner AND the Balanga lawyer heading that office.  We had that done across the street but still it was not notarized.

Raining cats and dogs here too!

• Like 1