New Rental

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

At the end of the month I move into another property. To give those looking at moving here an idea of costs I'll list my experience. 

My first place was a 24 sqm apartment in Taguig, Manila on the 19th floor. Like a rabbit hutch with no daylight and no local market nearby. All shopping was done in Malls meaning taxi fares. Restaurants and bars were expensive by Filipino standards, I paid 19k peso per month rent and just over 3k per month electricity. 

My next place was in Sabang, Puerto Galera a one bed apartment with pool use and a small balcony. About 30 sqm all in. A local but very small market for fresh food within walking distance which is expensive by local standards.  Bars and restaurants are also quite expensive due to it being a tourist town (sleezy) with a few girlie bars. I paid 15k per month rent and just under 4k peso for electricity. 

My next move was into a two bed apartment in the same complex, about 60 sqm which I share with a mate who does 6 weeks here, 6 weeks off shore. I'm paying 26k for that shared and getting ripped off for electricity at over 8k per month. 

My new place is a proverbial mansion in comparison. Only 2 bed still but each room is the size of my current apartment with a huge living room, kitchen, two massive balconies and a huge double garage in about an acre of land with loads of fruit trees. It's about 7km from Sabang on the way to Puerto Galera and 1 km from the main road on a decent side road. I'm paying 15k peso per month rent for that. The local market is 10 mins away by motorbike and about 1/10 th cheaper than Sabang market. Only a couple of bars and small restaurants but they are half the price of Sabang. 

FB_IMG_1530934961301.jpg

When's the house warming rave up ?

• Like 4

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Damn that house is a bargain, the locals would be wanting 30-40k per month for that where I am and I'm in one of the poorest provinces lol.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

When's the house warming rave up ?

31st of February. Lol 

• Haha 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Looks nice Snowy. Looking for new digs myself but Naga CamSur area is booming. Rentals are few and far between, few for sale even. I have some reliable friends and I am sorely tempted to incorporate and buy 3 of the cheaper row houses together but there aren't any. Looking into it, new townhouses have turnover dates late 2019 to 2020. Looks like you are doing all the good over there on Mindoro. I just need to keep looking. Glad I kept my apartment or I would be bleeding money in a hotel long term, it seems.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

AMAZING.:thumbsup:

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice find Snowy. Many years ago before Boracay became popular, Puerto Galera was the place to go. I've been there several times and always enjoyed my stay. A friend was there for 5 days 2 weeks ago & was approached by a local while eating at a restaurant in Sabang who tried to sell him drugs. Of course he said no & said it felt like it was a buy bust setup. 

Edited by Rooster

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Rooster said:

Of course he said no & said it felt like a buy bust setup. 

This my friend is the easy way to get an arrest, of Course they wont pick targets of Known drug dealers lest they become the target