Boracay Update - Said to Reopen Oct 26

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This has gotta really be causing headaches for tour operators, Cebu Pacific Airlines, and other affected parties.  CP was advertising low rates to Boracay on the published opening dates.  Either they planned to make a lot of money from people canceling and parting with their cash or they jumped the gun.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Permanent residents can't be stopped from going on the island.  I've been on the island already by showing my title and Barangay clearance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Just when I was begining to underestimate the professional work that is carried out here on Government contracts I get sent two up-todate photos of the fantastic work being carried out. It's taken 4 months to get to this high standard with less than two months to opening. :shock_40_anim_gif:

borlatest2.jpg

borlatest.jpg

• Thanks 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Just when I was begining to underestimate the professional work that is carried out here on Government contracts I get sent two up-todate photos of the fantastic work being carried out. It's taken 4 months to get to this high standard with less than two months to opening. 

Last night I watched a video one day old from Boracay and certainly looked like a lot of progress. Obviously water in the pits so must of had a lot of rain to slow things down. 

• 1 month later...
Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Well I've just spent a couple of days on Boracay and I can safely say you would be hard pushed to make as much of a shambles of rejuvenating an island if you tried. 

The roads are pretty impassable on lots of the island and completely blocked in a few areas. Drainage ditches are open and half finished. The majority of properties have ignored the rules hoping they would go away but the Government have initiated a process where booking are checked against compliant hotels before the tourist departs the main land. They're even using the main beach as a temporary jetty with vehicles driving along it. 

The sea was stunning but just covering a few hundred metres by road takes ages and that's before tourists arrived. I'll attach a couple of photos of the good and bad. 

20181011_115235.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Tried to add more photos but my internet is playing up. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

20181011_123941.jpg

20181013_111008.jpg

20181012_132651.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I keep looking and looking at that photo of Willy's and can't seem to find a thing wrong... :hystery:

• Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I keep looking and looking at that photo of Willy's and can't seem to find a thing wrong... :hystery:

Trust me she can be a pain. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Trust me she can be a pain. :whistling:

I think all of us can relate! :smile:

• Haha 1