My 3rd Tourist VISA Extension

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just got my tourist visa extended from 30 days to 59 days  (for 2930 Peso).  My next destination will be in Davao, where I will need another extension when the 59 days expires.  Will there be any additional costs to extend beyond the 59 days?  Is there anything I will have to purchase in addition to the visa extension?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
5 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Will there be any additional costs to extend beyond the 59 days?  Is there anything I will have to purchase in addition to the visa extension?

After all this time that you have been a member of this forum, I am surprised you don't know about the ACR card and the Alien Registration Program that must be done at some point.  Long story short, expect to pay about 8K pesos (more or less) for your second tourist extension.

Where are you getting Third tourist extension from (in thread title)?  Seems you had a free stamp on entry, one extension at 30 days, and now looking for a second extension.  Am I right?

  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Seems you had a free stamp on entry, one extension at 30 days, and now looking for a second extension.  Am I right?

People always tend to think of the first extension as the second not thinking the visa on arrival is a free visa waiver .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Where are you getting Third tourist extension from (in thread title)?

I will be in Davao (for my first time) when I will need my 3rd extension.  And the ACR criteria is not as clear as you say it is.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

I will be in Davao (for my first time) when I will need my 3rd extension.  And the ACR criteria is not as clear as you say it is.   

As others said, I think that will be your second extension and should be similar cost to my second as shown in this chart, column D.  Or a bit more now, like Dave said, ~p8000.

Screenshot (262).png

I used to have a thread with all my visa costs but I think it was damaged by the forum data loss that occurred several months back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

I will be in Davao (for my first time) when I will need my 3rd extension.  And the ACR criteria is not as clear as you say it is.   

It is clear, when you go for your second extension you must or it is just done do your ARC. Some offices take your photo others use the passport. Other than that pay your money and in about 3 months time your Alien card will be waiting for you at the office you processed it. 

If you have been here almost 59 days its time for your second extension and ACR. :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

If you entered on a 59 day visa it will be your 1st extention:whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

If you entered on a 59 day visa it will be your 1st extention:whistling:

How many would be doing that?  As far as we know he came as a tourist with a visa waiver and started from there. Beats me, sometimes I give up on visa questions because its not rocket science and everyone's induction of fun just blows it out.   Just a waste of time trying to help. Ask immigration from now on might be best . :bonk:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you have been here almost 59 days its time for your second extension and ACR

Now with the ACR, will that allow me to open up a bank account here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Now with the ACR, will that allow me to open up a bank account here?

Yes Bows it should but as we have read of late, some Banks are still not allowing 9a (tourist) visa holders this to happen, A Friend recently here in Dumaguete had a problem because the Bank ( I forget which one) Insisted on 2 Philippine issued ID's. He only had his ACR card and passport. It is what it is, I hope you can get Sorted out.

He had applied for a Driving Licence and that was turned down as he could not comply with the Current LTO regulations ( another Topic of course)

Jack:smile:

Morning All :photo-109:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...