Using the footpath (side walk for our distant cousins)

Mick
Posted
Posted

Well 2 very large houses been built across from me, and they have raised the land more than a meter, hence they have built ramps extending to the road and taken the side walk , now if I park outside my house they call security as they cannot park outside there's, I park with 2 wheels on the curb, to give cars a chance to get through, these idiots can't do that, but im the onr security gets to move my car, only in the Philippines eh..... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Mick said:

im the onr security gets to move my car, only in the Philippines eh

OOOOOH yes.  I can identify with that.  All the idiots around me park on this narrow street in such a way that it is possible but difficult to get down the street.  If I park in front of my house then it is impossible to get down the street so its my fault.  If I park in my driveway then everyone else parks so as to block me in (they do not park in their own driveway as that is reserved for parties.

Only in the Philippines is right.  Good thing I have a motorcycle for the days I cannot get my car out of the driveway.

(To be fair, the neighbors will move their car and let me out if I go find them and ask them nicely.  It was poor neighborhood planning that started this.  The streets should have been wider but the builders ASSUMED everyone living here would only have a motorcycle.  WRONG.  Some have two cars and a couple of motorcycles and 3 aircons and I thought this was a poor country.  Not so much.  The people in my area have lots of payments to make though :whistling: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Mick said:

Well 2 very large houses been built across from me, and they have raised the land more than a meter, hence they have built ramps extending to the road and taken the side walk , now if I park outside my house they call security as they cannot park outside there's, I park with 2 wheels on the curb, to give cars a chance to get through, these idiots can't do that, but im the onr security gets to move my car, only in the Philippines eh..... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Do you have a subdivision committee or whatever its called? 

Mick
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you have a subdivision committee or whatever its called? 

Yeah, but she is queen bee..... 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mick said:

Yeah, but she is queen bee..... 

give her some honey then. :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Mick said:

I know of 1 Expat in Manila &  heard of others here creating useless driveway gates (fake) and claim it was their private driveway entrance even though no vehicle could park on the other side of the gate. Madonna did this in New York back in 2016.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3519288/Madonna-parks-yellow-lines-painted-stop-drivers-blocking-40million-New-York-mansion.html 

Perhaps you could create a private driveway entrance along your frontage/wall, fix a sign reading no parking, private driveway entrance then park there.

REPUBLIC ACT No. 4136

Section 46. Parking prohibited in specified places. - No driver shall park a vehicle, or permit it to stand, whether attended or unattended, upon a highway in any of the following places:

(a) Within an intersection

(b) On a crosswalk

(c) Within six meters of the intersection of curb lines.

(d) Within four meters of the driveway entrance to and fire station.

(e) Within four meters of fire hydrant

(f) In front of a private driveway

(g) On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the curb or edge of the highway

(h) At any place where official signs have been erected prohibiting parking.

https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1964/ra_4136_1964.html

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Rooster said:

I know of 1 Expat in Manila &  heard of others here creating useless driveway gates (fake) and claim it was their private driveway entrance even though no vehicle could park on the other side of the gate. Madonna did this in New York back in 2016.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3519288/Madonna-parks-yellow-lines-painted-stop-drivers-blocking-40million-New-York-mansion.html 

Perhaps you could create a private driveway entrance along your frontage/wall, fix a sign reading no parking, private driveway entrance then park there.

REPUBLIC ACT No. 4136

Section 46. Parking prohibited in specified places. - No driver shall park a vehicle, or permit it to stand, whether attended or unattended, upon a highway in any of the following places:

(a) Within an intersection

(b) On a crosswalk

(c) Within six meters of the intersection of curb lines.

(d) Within four meters of the driveway entrance to and fire station.

(e) Within four meters of fire hydrant

(f) In front of a private driveway

(g) On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the curb or edge of the highway

(h) At any place where official signs have been erected prohibiting parking.

https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1964/ra_4136_1964.html

So you wouldn't be allowed to park there either :89:

Mick
Posted
Posted

Well I'm going to stick it to her. Buying the plot next door to me make a big garden and put a drive way, so she can't park opposite it...... 

• Haha 3

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Mick said:

Well I'm going to stick it to her. Buying the plot next door to me make a big garden and put a drive way, so she can't park opposite it...... 

Put a small piggery, roosters, chicken pens, store your trash there as well. She'll love you more.  :hystery:

Edited by Rooster
  • Haha 3