Just a Heads up for chrome users

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:shock_40_anim_gif:It doesn't happen often to me me FB sent a message that someone has tried to get to my account from elsewhere;

Near Iloilo City, Philippines

Chrome on Windows

I have just spent over an hour sorting this but at last all seems well, however I write just to say that Google/Smart caught things and i have followed the instructions to ensure the security of my browser, they tell me there has been a spate from that area so as I say, a heads up for those that use this browser :mellow:

• Like 2

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Same happened to me last week. Someone in the States tried to get into my account.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

But are these messages legitimate? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My wife gets in my FB account.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think that happens sometimes when the traffic is rerouted to a different server by your ISP. It could be nefarious, though.

After the first time I visited Singapore, my personal email account on the server I rent was hacked and used to send out a bazillion spam messages. The server host company caught it and shut my email account down. I realized what must have happened is someone with access to the hotel network in Singapore must have sniffed my email password when I enetered it while on the hotel wifi.

After I changed my password, things calmed down.

It's hard to tell what's harmless and what isn't anymore. Time to change my login password for Facebook as well.

[Edit] Looking just now, I see Facebook has logged in from Davao City, Dapitan City, Dipilog City, Illigan City. Maria Cristina, Cagayan De Oro, Linamon, and General Santos. They were all on a phone like mine and so, over Smart's network.

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Looking just now, I see Facebook has logged in from

where do you see that info

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Settings > Security and Login on Facebook.com. It must be similar on the app and the mobile version.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Settings > Security and Login on Facebook.com. It must be similar on the app and the mobile version.

Thanks.  According to that, I was in Bacolod in April.  I wasn't.  I never noticed anyone fooking about with my Facebook though so it may be, as you say, something to do with being logged in on my Smart pocket wifi

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mine seams to log me in from all over the place. The dates and times are when I'm on it, so chances are it's just as has been said. Re-routing on the system. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Mine seams to log me in from all over the place. The dates and times are when I'm on it, so chances are it's just as has been said. Re-routing on the system. 

It's confusing because Facebook says it will notify you if it sees you log in on a device it thinks is suspicious. If that was the case with Jack, that it was a different device than he he normally uses, then it truly was an attempt at hacking. All of my logins were from the same type of device which is my primary device.