good mail forwarding service from US??

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Medic Mike said:

Yep I have quite a few things, like paramedic registrations, etc etc that come by mail. I guess I will have to find someone trustworthy to use as a pseudo address for stuff like this.

Have you checked to see if any online services are available. 

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Have you checked to see if any online services are available. 

Yep, there are only basic ones available. Notifications like medicare and licensing, I am still trying to figure out if they can notify me online, but some of the other stuff I got going, the organizations are not sophisticated enough to have anything like that yet. I think what I will do, is keep my Oz PO Box for a while, as it is pretty cheap....give the key to a friend, and then just have him send me all the mail every month or two, until I can get everyone sorted out.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Medic Mike said:

Yep, there are only basic ones available. Notifications like medicare and licensing, I am still trying to figure out if they can notify me online, but some of the other stuff I got going, the organizations are not sophisticated enough to have anything like that yet. I think what I will do, is keep my Oz PO Box for a while, as it is pretty cheap....give the key to a friend, and then just have him send me all the mail every month or two, until I can get everyone sorted out.

You can google for mail services. There are some there in Australia for a fee of course. Here's one, http://www.aussiemailman.com.au/

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You can google for mail services. There are some there in Australia for a fee of course. Here's one, http://www.aussiemailman.com.au/

Thanks Tom.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Hey I had a look at that site. Thanks Tom, that is a great service, and I think the price is reasonable. I will definitely be signing up!

That is more beers I owe you :)

• Thanks 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
Just now, Medic Mike said:

Hey I had a look at that site. Thanks Tom, that is a great service, and I think the price is reasonable. I will definitely be signing up!

That is more beers I owe you :)

None for you Jack! :)

• Haha 2

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

Aussie Mike,

My service is not helpful to you since it is from the U.S yet I wanted to relate my vast experience on this subject. I admit few people will care about this subject but hey...

Trusted my lawyer of thirty years to check my mail. Probably 3 times in 5 years was it critical and I actually asked him to look at it. The first two critical pieces of mail no issues. Third one, he was in the middle of a divorce and called me selfish. I explained I was halfway around the world and was asking for less then one favor a year.

Trusted my longest work associate next, most reliable person on the planet. First request went easy. One year later, second request, I need a large box shipped the week he catches his wife having an affair after he picks up the box but before he ships it, He calls me selfish and says never to contact him again. I explain I care about his issue but can’t focus on it until he mails the box.

P.S. I overcompensated from the above and have all kinds of tricks to operate far away as if you are back home. I should make a thread.

Get a professional mail service!

Just suggesting based on my experience. Good luck.

🙂

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My experience of shipping from overseas is always let down once the mail arrives in the Philippines. I've used DHL, Parcel Force and a few other services.  Each one is tracked to the Philippines very accurately before the Philippines Postal service takes over and the mail enters a large black hole. My friend also has had the same issues and is currently fighting a battle with Phil Post.  He has been waiting 3 months on a passport to arrive.  It was in country two months ago, tracked to Manila before going walk abouts.  I advised him to go to the local Phil Post office and kick a stink up as I've had experience of them not sorting mail and just leaving it in sacks.

He went this morning and sure enough even though he had a tracking number saying it was with Phil Post they denied all knowledge of it.  He requires his passport to work overseas and is down to his last few hundred peso.  I told him to go back and kick a stink up as I've seen the post master sleeping at his desk when I went to collect mail, and had to physically make him look for it before suddenly discovering my mail that had been missing for a couple of weeks. Sure enough he went in and the post master was fast asleep.  My friend was already stressed and started raising his voice and threatening to inform his superiors. He gave him the option of looking through piles of mail that was on the shelf before he did.  Sure enough half way down the first pile was his passport that had been sitting there over a month.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

My experience of shipping from overseas is always let down once the mail arrives in the Philippines. I've used DHL, Parcel Force and a few other services.  Each one is tracked to the Philippines very accurately before the Philippines Postal service takes over and the mail enters a large black hole.

Fair enough but the subject is about mail forwarding. Generally the mail is opened from the forwarders and scanned and Emailed. Or read online. Also can be sent to an address and thats where the problems arise but we are not really talking about parcels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Has anyone had bank cards forwarded to them?