Bureau of Immigration Web Site Down Need Help

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I need to convert my 13a Probationary visa to Permanent before August 10th.  My NBI clearance was easy to obtain online and they even delivered it to my house.  Not so easy for obtaining forms and requirements for conversion of my resident visa.  The BI website has been down for almost a week and I can't find the checklist of items to submit with application.  I thought I had scanned and saved the entire package, but no luck searching for it on my computer.  I usually save everything to my backup drive or cloud.

I'm hoping someone might have the complete list for submitting with the application.  Here's what I remember:

Two copies of the following documents.  One is sent with Applicant/Petitioner letter to the BI Commissioner.

1. Duly accomplished BI FORM CGAF-001-Rev 2
  2. NBI Clearance
  3. PSA Marriage Certificate
  4. NSO Birth Certificate (Petitioner)
  5. Copy of Applicant's Passport (all pages)
  6. Copy of  Petitioner's Passport (Bio Page)
  7. Copy of Applicant's ACR-I card
  8. Copy of 13a (Probationary) Approval Letter?

Does anyone have the official checklist list?

Finally, does my wife need to accompany when I submit application (Angeles BI Office) or will they schedule interview appointment?

Thanks so much for your help!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That's great that you got the NBI online!  How long did it take?

Attached is the form with the instructions.  I assume it is still current.  Also attached is the application.

You need the letter.  When we went to Balanga I had to change the letter to include the local attorney, acting on behalf of the commissioner.  I have a thread on that.

BI FORM V-I-005-Rev 1.1.pdf

BI FORM CGAF-001-Rev 2.1.pdf

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

That's great that you got the NBI online!  How long did it take?

Attached is the form with the instructions.  I assume it is still current.  Also attached is the application.

You need the letter.  When we went to Balanga I had to change the letter to include the local attorney, acting on behalf of the commissioner.  I have a thread on that.

BI FORM V-I-005-Rev 1.1.pdf

BI FORM CGAF-001-Rev 2.1.pdf

It took only 3 days and was delivered via LBC.  Thanks for the providing the checklist file and new CGAF!

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Is the BI Clearance Certificate the annual fee paid each January?

If so, I wasn't able to get one since I didn't receive my Resident ACR-I card until March.  The CO wouldn't accept the BI letter approving my 13a Probationary Visa.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Is the BI Clearance Certificate the annual fee paid each January?

If so, I wasn't able to get one since I didn't receive my Resident ACR-I card until March.  The CO wouldn't accept the BI letter approving my 13a Probationary Visa.

No, they give you the BI Clearance Certificate there.  You don't have to bring it.

• Like 1