Best small venues to get married - advice please

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi! My Filipina fiancée and I are getting married in January and, due to the short amount of time I'm able to spend in the Philippines, we're most likely to be getting married in Manila. 

Could anyone suggest some good venues - with some nice flowers, trees & green space there or nearby - for a small wedding? There will be no more than about 20 to 25 of us. We don't have a big budget, so some idea of prices would be useful too!

Thanks very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted

Welcome to the forum and congratulations 🎉 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
16 minutes ago, Foxwhelp said:

My Filipina fiancée

Your best bet is to start your marriage they way the rest of your life will be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LET HER Decide :hystery: 

  • Like 4
  • Love it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, Foxwhelp said:

Hi! My Filipina fiancée and I are getting married in January and, due to the short amount of time I'm able to spend in the Philippines, we're most likely to be getting married in Manila. 

Could anyone suggest some good venues - with some nice flowers, trees & green space there or nearby - for a small wedding? There will be no more than about 20 to 25 of us. We don't have a big budget, so some idea of prices would be useful too!

Thanks very much.

Virtually every Barangay in the Philippines can facilitate a dirt cheap wedding reception. They will set up tables under their covered basketball court, provide the music, have ladies in the barangay that will cook the food for the amount of guests. If the basketball court is not covered then they have optional places. Your Fiancée should know this already.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
39 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Virtually every Barangay in the Philippines can facilitate a dirt cheap wedding reception. 

As an alternative there are shops which specialize in providing food packages "good for X number of people", most of these will provide plastic tables and chairs (with covers), serving dishes and plastic or foam eating containers.  Price varies depending upon the food options chosen but it's generally cheap by western standards (at least it has been when we've used them for christenings and other events).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, Rooster said:

Virtually every Barangay in the Philippines can facilitate a dirt cheap wedding reception. They will set up tables under their covered basketball court, provide the music, have ladies in the barangay that will cook the food for the amount of guests. If the basketball court is not covered then they have optional places. Your Fiancée should know this already.   

He did say Manila so I assume he wont be out in the sticks. He also described the type of place he was looking for and I dont think a basketball court fits the picture. :smile:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He did say Manila so I assume he wont be out in the sticks. He also described the type of place he was looking for and I dont think a basketball court fits the picture. :smile:

I'm also speaking of all the Barangays in Manila. My wife has many friends & relatives throughout Manila and most use the Barangay's in Manila to facilitate wedding receptions, graduations, birthdays. 

Many Barangays in Manila could facilitate what he's asking for. An inexpensive reception with some nice flowers, trees & green space there or nearby.

One doesn't have to be out in the sticks as you say to have a Barangay Facilitate a wedding reception.:smile:

 

Edited by Rooster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
10 hours ago, Foxwhelp said:

Hi! My Filipina fiancée and I are getting married in January and, due to the short amount of time I'm able to spend in the Philippines, we're most likely to be getting married in Manila. 

Could anyone suggest some good venues - with some nice flowers, trees & green space there or nearby - for a small wedding? There will be no more than about 20 to 25 of us. We don't have a big budget, so some idea of prices would be useful too!

Thanks very much.

Just caught your note about your short amount of time in the Philippines, how short as there is a minimum number of days you need to be in the Philippines to get married. I believe it is 10 working days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
8 hours ago, Rooster said:

Virtually every Barangay in the Philippines can facilitate a dirt cheap wedding reception. They will set up tables under their covered basketball court, provide the music, have ladies in the barangay that will cook the food for the amount of guests. If the basketball court is not covered then they have optional places. Your Fiancée should know this already.   

Jesus, she'll be trying to divorce him by the end of the day. I doubt he meant his budget was that low lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
5 hours ago, Rooster said:

I'm also speaking of all the Barangays in Manila. My wife has many friends & relatives throughout Manila and most use the Barangay's in Manila to facilitate wedding receptions, graduations, birthdays. 

Many Barangays in Manila could facilitate what he's asking for. An inexpensive reception with some nice flowers, trees & green space there or nearby.

One doesn't have to be out in the sticks as you say to have a Barangay Facilitate a wedding reception.:smile:

 

Maybe if the OP could give a more precise location and approximately what he is willing to pay would be better for all. There a lots of venues by searching google but possibly in the high range. Many hotels could accommodate small weddings and I'm not sure if the OP is planning on having the actual wedding ceremony there and reception afterwards.

The other thing is we do not know where his fiancee is from and surely it would be easier for her to arrange something close to home and also the guests, where will they be comming from? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...