Best small venues to get married - advice please

Foxwhelp
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just to add. Is what you read a do it yourself wedding where the family is cooking a pig etc or is it saying for a catered wedding ? 

It's a 'reception package' so I was assuming that meant catered.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Foxwhelp said:

It's a 'reception package' so I was assuming that meant catered.

If it is true then it is better than you will get anywhere else so go with them.  Just remember there is no truth in advertising in Philippines,

EDIT:  I don't believe you will be happy with a 22K wedding reception unless you wanted to travel to Mindanao and have her family through a party in the jungle.  That would be about the right price for that.  I agree with this post

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Around P80k

Is the basic price for 25 people and I would expect it to go up to half again if you want any extras and more yet if you are paying for hotels and transportation and meals for the guests while they are in Manila.  Your idea sounds VERY expensive.  I wouldn't do it.  But if it works for you then all the best wishes.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
On 7/18/2018 at 4:55 AM, Foxwhelp said:

Hi! My Filipina fiancée and I are getting married in January and, due to the short amount of time I'm able to spend in the Philippines, we're most likely to be getting married in Manila. 

Could anyone suggest some good venues - with some nice flowers, trees & green space there or nearby - for a small wedding? There will be no more than about 20 to 25 of us. We don't have a big budget, so some idea of prices would be useful too!

Thanks very much.

Hi Fox, welcome to the forum, you made a good choice.

As you can see from your many replies people here are keen to help but you need to give them more information, that way your answers will be more specific to your needs.  # Where does your fiancee live in Mindanao, what area?     # Have you been to the Phils yet yourself and if so, where?    # Is there any reason other than your plane landing in Manila to get married there?

If you have family or friends in Manila then that will be a big bonus, on that small amount of money you are going to need all the help you can get. If the only reason you are suggesting Manila is because the plane you are coming on is landing there I strongly suggest taking a flight from either London Heathrow or London Gatwick and fly to Singapore, from there you can hop on a plane to Cebu.  I have an American friend here in Dumaguete who is off to Mindanao next week for 3 weeks to get married, he has guests coming from the States so it can be done, it depends where your missus is from.  However, if you dont want to risk Mindanao that's your choice, i think everybody would understand  your concerns.  Why is Cebu preferable to Manila, its closer and depending on where she is from, maybe much closer.  Your travel options for your guests would change, easier for them to travel by ferry, much kinder on your pocket also.  You mention 20,000 piso as your budget, i just calculated that to be 287 GBP  at a rate of 70 piso to the pound, unless you intend to feed them boiled egg sandwiches or jam on toast, it aint gonna happen, you need to up your budget.  If you can get your head around going to Mindanao, depending on the area of course, you can get help from her family and friends, maybe somebody has a nice garden or is living by the beach etc, they can get  the baboy and food/drink provided at a better rate for sure and you will be appreciated by having married her in her own location, I dont think many will be doing handstands at the thought of travelling all the way to Manila.  Also, unless you manage to get 20 or so promo tickets its gonna get pricey.  Flights aren't always that cheap here, particularly if you are having to provide or subsidize them. 

Anyway, that's my two bobs worth, good luck with your plans.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

from there you can hop on a plane to Cebu.

I just had a look at this fancy "Philippines travel advice" page from the UK government . According to those idiots, even southern Cebu is an "advise against all but essential travel" area. 

I can think of a heckuva lot more dangerous areas than southern Cebu island or Davao Mindanao.  PS, Davao, Mindanao has an International airport and the groom could fly there from Singapore.  To do otherwise is, IMHO:chickendance:

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Foxwhelp said:

As for a more specific location, really the only preference would be no more than about 2 hours away from the airport but if there's somewhere easy to get to but a bit further that's not a big problem.

Cheers.

Fox, traffic in Manila is extremely congested. 2 hours from the airport is like multiply 10kmph times 2 hours equals draw a 20km circle around the airport. LOL

Not many options there to meet your 20K budget which is one of the most expensive areas of Manila  unless you go with a dirt cheap barangay facilitated reception in that area. 

Have you considered getting married first, then have the reception at a later date when you have more funds?  20K pesos here now is like holding sand in ones hand with open fingers. It's really getting expensive here unlike before.

Edited by Rooster

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Also getting your future wife to the UK later in the year is going to be a bit of a push and it's not a guaranteed pass either.