Got burgled last night

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

They got in through a little window on our ensuite bathroom, all the others have metal bars. Only lost about 4k pesos in cash, nice of them to leave the $1k drone and $4k camera/lenses that were sat right there lol.
Must of then opened the bedroom door and saw that we were still awake in the living room as we noticed the door was open, normally always close it so the dogs don't go in there.

Girlfriend is turning our house into fortress now, CCTV ordered from Lazada, metal bars for the small windows and she's off out to get barbed wire for the fence shortly lol.

We literally have 2 fairly big dogs outside that must of just sat there, ?????? useless.

Atleast they'll be having a fun day on the shabu.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Sorry this happened but glad they only got some cash and not your lives.  I'm too trusting also and will wait until something happens before taking additional security measures.  Good luck and stay safe:tiphat:

• Like 2

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Most are "reactive" here when it comes to home security after they have been robbed. It's best to be "proactive" and take security measures ahead of time with the attitude that a robbery will be attempted so how will I prepare.

They counter the bars on the window by either blow torch, hydraulic jack or using a long bamboo pole with a hook on it to hook purses or other items or put rugbee (glue) on a rag at the end and touch it to cell phones without ever entering the house.

They will likely try again so remain vigilant. Best wishes. 

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

We literally have 2 fairly big dogs outside that must of just sat there, ?????? useless.

Anyone know your Dogs ?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Anyone know your Dogs ?

My thought as well.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Anyone know your Dogs ?

All it takes is a big piece of chicken to make them your friends.  

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bows00 said:

All it takes is a big piece of chicken to make them your friends.  

Trained properly, Dogs will not eat from Strangers hence my comment, in that one of the baddies must have known the Dogs

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Cheers guys.

It is strange how the dogs didn't bark as they normally do, the police think it must be someone in the local area. They're semi street dogs (girlfriends family's) so they go out on the road sometimes.

Not much we can do about it though, hopefully they don't come back. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

It is strange how the dogs didn't bark as they normally do, the police think it must be someone in the local area. They're semi street dogs (girlfriends family's) so they go out on the road sometimes.

Exactly my Point, Locals have an inherent dislike of Dogs unless they know them. My Dogs never go out of the Lot with over 300 sq meters of Garden they are well exercised and know who is OK and who is not, that is why we have them, I would say more but maybe in another Topic at some stage, Those that at come to my House for events know that apart from the Little askal (He is like a Doorbell) my Bigger Dogs go into their cages for the Duration so they do not get attached to anyone and certainly not to upset the Filipino wives/GF's

Stay safe my Friend :thumbsup:

BTW do you find it Strange or not, that they only stole untraceable things? or maybe they are serial thieves and know what not to steal things that can lead the Police to them

Tongue in cheek thought, Inside Job? (I have no wish to offend But..................9/10 it can be this scenario) 

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the 80's, Military here were constantly briefed on the tactics that thieves were using and how to take measures to counter them.

Dogs owners were always told keep the dogs inside the house because they should alert once a thief breeched the wall, whereas they thought to be useless if kept outside because thieves would take a straw and push it through the center of hot dogs and hollow them out then fill them poison and plug up each end the hot dog meat from the straw, toss them over the gate/wall, wait until the dog ate them &  died, then start their thieving.

Keeping dogs inside still won't prevent thieves tossing poisoned hot dogs in threw a window so they also said keep the windows closed each night. That still won't prevent them from squeezing some into the house under the door. 

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 1