Got burgled last night

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Trained properly, Dogs will not eat from Strangers hence my comment, in that one of the baddies must have known the Dogs

Sherlock had this to say in his memoirs;

Gregory (Scotland Yard detective): “Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?”

Holmes: “To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.”

Gregory: “The dog did nothing in the night-time.”

Holmes: “That was the curious incident.” :wink:

I guess my last post on this  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just to lighten up your day.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sherlock had this to say in his memoirs;

Gregory (Scotland Yard detective): “Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?”

Holmes: “To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.”

Gregory: “The dog did nothing in the night-time.”

Holmes: “That was the curious incident.” :wink:

I guess my last post on this  :whistling:

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, and I many be miles out but I reckon you think it was an inside job Jack, don't you?  :tongue:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, and I many be miles out but I reckon you think it was an inside job Jack, don't you?  :tongue:

:wink:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

They're semi street dogs (girlfriends family's)

As I re-read this thread, two thoughts come to mind.  Jack's post about the dogs being friendly with those they know makes me wonder if there are any members of your girlfriend's family who would come in through the bathroom window.  The fact they are street dogs tells me they are not trained to guard so as long as they do not see or smell the culprit then they would not raise a ruckus.  I have had very territorial street dogs but so long as they were in the front and the intruder came in the back they were utterly useless.  Its not like they patrol or really care about guarding the place.  They only bark when someone gets in their face.

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm in the process of picking out two dogs. For security but also companionship. I'm thinking a Jack Russel as an alarm as they are very territorial and bark at anyone including family members just through excitement, and a large and imposing dog like a Doberman to spoil an intruders weekend. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I am wondering why people don't invest in a good alarm system rather than dogs - for all sorts of reasons dogs may not be the most reliable solution.  Admittedly, you can't take an alarm system for walkies!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I am wondering why people don't invest in a good alarm system rather than dogs

The two biggest reasons that come to mind are:  People in the Philippines pay absolutely no attention to loud noises and thieves need only wait until the next brownout or cut the power line when you are sleeping at night.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I am wondering why people don't invest in a good alarm system rather than dogs

We had one some years ago but with the amount of Brownouts we get at night that we do not know about plus the daytime ones the damn thing was always going off. Neighbours were not to happy