Got burgled last night

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The two biggest reasons that come to mind are:  People in the Philippines pay absolutely no attention to loud noises and thieves need only wait until the next brownout or cut the power line when you are sleeping at night.

A proper alarm system should be fitted with a battery backup system capable of running the alarm (yes I know some brownouts last longer than just a few hours  but there is not reason you can't use a large backup battery).

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

A proper alarm system should be fitted with a battery backup system capable of running the alarm (yes I know some brownouts last longer than just a few hours  but there is not reason you can't use a large backup battery).

True but they work on a Voltage Drop so cutting wire or a Brownout will set them Off the batteries will just keep the Bells going

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I had to smile on a couple of occasions though, as dave mentioned, Locals do not always pay attention to these things but in a Brownout and the Karaoke goes off all you could here was my alarm bells :hystery: 

• Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

all you could here was my alarm bells

Did you get them turned off before people showed up thinking it was a church service?

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Only lost about 4k pesos in cash, nice of them to leave the $1k drone and $4k camera/lenses that were sat right there lol.

So that proves that cash is still king in the Philippines :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

We buy school supplies for every kid in the purok occasionally. Best insurance policy ever. No bars on the windows, no problems.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Love it 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Did you get them turned off before people showed up thinking it was a church service?

:hystery: Kin Ding Dong, I had the collection plate ready:whistling:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Geese, geese are the best guard animals. The sister in law has a couple and they don't care who they chase, the geese that is. Mind you I wouldn't want to be chased by the sister in law either.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:popcorn:

Funny how this turned into a Monty Python skit. Not that it’s wrong.... I wonder what Capa would have said?

Lou49
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Geese, geese are the best guard animals. The sister in law has a couple and they don't care who they chase, the geese that is. Mind you I wouldn't want to be chased by the sister in law either.:shock_40_anim_gif:

IMG_0956.JPG