Got burgled last night

Rooster
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Guy F. said:

We buy school supplies for every kid in the purok occasionally. Best insurance policy ever. No bars on the windows, no problems.

Every Christmas, the wife prepares around 35 bags containing rice, small cans of items like sardines, beef, etc. and 1 bottle of liquor and hands it out to the less fortunate near where live. One year after she gave them out a barangay official came to the house with a list of the poor in the entire barangay and told her she should focus on those on the list not on our neighbors.

Over the years, cameras from my CCTV system stopped working so I had them all mounted around my perimeter. They aren't powered so the LED's aren't on at night.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Old55 said:

:popcorn:

Funny how this turned into a Monty Python skit. Not that it’s wrong.... I wonder what Capa would have said?

Has he gone then? (I'm not gossiping! I'm gathering information! :) 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Old55 said:

:popcorn:

Funny how this turned into a Monty Python skit. Not that it’s wrong.... I wonder what Capa would have said?

:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Has he gone then? (I'm not gossiping! I'm gathering information! :) 

Got nippy once too often?

Troll Gulag?

Bunkered down?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Feel for you mate, I reckon I would have a sick feeling in my gut if that happened to us.

On the dog scenario, that post about the hollow hot dogs being filled with poison and being fed to the dogs would have been thought up by some very smart burglars, a pity they can't put there talents to something else to make some money.

My opinion on the cctv cameras, is while they are a good idea I think if they want to get in they are going to somehow.

And this is not isolated to the Philippines, once again while I was back in Aussie and visiting some friends all over NSW and VIC, the same subject kept coming up in conversations, how drugs especially ICE, is everywhere, the latest surge being in a country town in VIC that recently lost it's power station, there is no employment and very little hope of employment, so the drug pushers moved in and take advantage of the misery there.

Finally, I reckon having the dogs inside is a good idea, my problem is which one out of the three Belgian Malinois to keep in the house at night.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 7/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

The two biggest reasons that come to mind are:  People in the Philippines pay absolutely no attention to loud noises and thieves need only wait until the next brownout or cut the power line when you are sleeping at night.

Yes, thieves broke into our factory while we were out the other night, took all the batteries out of the delivery vans and the welding leads from the construction site, even took the reo that was prepared for a concrete job the next day.

The next morning we were told that our 3 Belgians were going crazy and that there was something going on, so the ten staff told us, did they go and look? not on your nelly" they were watching TV.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

The next morning we were told that our 3 Belgians were going crazy and that there was something going on, so the ten staff told us, did they go and look? not on your nelly" they were watching TV.

I suppose the last part is due to the "It's not affecting me or my family so It's not my business" mentality we can find here - and not only here to be fair

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I suppose the last part is due to the "It's not affecting me or my family so It's not my business" mentality we can find here - and not only here to be fair

That is the disturbing part of it, they are staff who work in the factory, we provide lodgings and meals for them and they get paid as well.

Rooster
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Yes, thieves broke into our factory while we were out the other night, took all the batteries out of the delivery vans and the welding leads from the construction site, even took the reo that was prepared for a concrete job the next day.

How well do you know your staff? :biggrin:

The area where I live requires all businesses who apply/reapply for a business permit to have a CCTV system installed including small Sari-Sari stores.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Rooster, we have  a high turnover of staff, there are a few trustworthy members but it is only a few.

I could go on about the locals and their attitude to work but I reckon I would be in breach of the forum rules, so I will leave that one well alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2