Got burgled last night

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 8/18/2018 at 7:01 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Have a teenage girl put in jail for years for stealing a dog?  Someone is pulling your leg.

or till lunch

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I doubt very much if it would get beyond the Barangay Stage here ( Dogs, are just not an entity here as they are for us Westerners) but as we know, any legal Action will be a hurt to pride [Then the problem starts]

Just my thoughts 

This one is or was being held so theft is theft. 

https://www.philstar.com/metro/2017/08/16/1729883/man-arrested-stealing-dog

MANILA, Philippines -  A man was apprehended for allegedly stealing a Pomeranian dog of a businessman in Pateros on Tuesday.

Police identified the suspect as Edgardo Reyes, 33.

Reyes allegedly stole the dog of Pepito Santos II, of Barangay Sta. Ana.

Investigation showed that the suspect went to Santos’ house at around 6 a.m. and took the dog worth P22,000.

Police nabbed Reyes while he was trying to sell the dog to bystanders.

He is being held by police on charges of theft.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/metro/2017/08/16/1729883/man-arrested-stealing-dog#G8uX1MckmEvrO4Ub.99

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He is being held by police on charges of theft.

MANILA, Philippines -  A man was apprehended for allegedly stealing a Pomeranian dog of a businessman in Pateros on Tuesday.

Yes, maybe it might happen in Manila but the first line tells me the Dog owner has clout, I still doubt very much this would happen in the provinces and certainly not in the favour of a Foreigner, But again it can and obviously has happened, that the PNP will do the proper job for those that can shout loud enough. as you say Theft is theft but...........................:wink:

:whistling:

brmpipes
Posted
Posted
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:52 PM, fillipino_wannabe said:

Wife sorted it with the barangay, she's doing voluntary work as a punishment. Could have had her put in jail as it just counts as theft and depends upon the value of the asset, makes no difference if it's an animal or not. Theft has much harsher punishments here than in western countries.
She wasn't a minor, was 18-19.

Enjoy you new laundry lady lol.