Waver on 3 year exit requirement?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I suggest it will be extremely difficult to find any doctor who will write a letter to say the man will not be able to travel in Feb 2019 as that is so far in the future,  possible but extremely difficult.

In addition, past experience with that exception (where a friend had cancer and could not leave his bed), illustrated that the exception was only valid for 2 months and then another letter was required to say he was still unable to travel and each exception cost a fair bit of money.  If this is going to be going on for a very long time I suggest the op find a companion to take him out of the country and bring him back  OR switch to an SRRV.

@ducecoop can you read the private message I sent?  If all else fails I am thinking there may be another expat tourist doing a visa run who could go with you.  Lots of time for all of us to ask around if you think this may be the answer.

My Bad,  I mistook his statement in the 3rd post down.  - My next visa extension is mid Aug

I read the 1st post again & see the date is Feb 2019

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ram1957 said:

Have no idea on what cost will be until Manila approves the extension. And this needs to be done every two months.

In 2009 it was 1000 pesos additional every 2 months, plus the doctor's fee for providing a letter, plus normal 2-month extension fees.  Fees have likely gone up since then.  That is why I suggested it may be beneficial to get

1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

another expat tourist doing a visa run who could go with you.

That is if our dear member is able to travel at all.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is if our dear member is able to travel at all.

Our OP is in bad health and I can only assume if he cant make it to the sari store alone then he has help already who could be the one to assist him if he had to travel.

• 2 weeks later...
ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies.

Its appears that the cheapest and easiest option is have a companion assist me.

At least I have time to arrange the additional cost.

I usually book my tickets 3 to 6 months in advance. Will I be able to book 1 of those ticked with no initial name? Because I don't know when I will be able to arrange who will be my companion.

Thanks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, ducecoop said:

Will I be able to book 1 of those ticked with no initial name?

I doubt it. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, ducecoop said:

I usually book my tickets 3 to 6 months in advance.

But you do not have to.  It may be time to change old habits, plus you have to accommodate whoever will travel with you. You do not have to wait until Feb.  You can often find "last minute" travel deals when airlines have lots of leftover seats.  Instead of worrying about it for the next 6 months, just do it whenever a cheap flight comes up and someone is available to go with you.  None of us are getting any younger.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Someone mentioned the Davao to Singapore flight was direct...  Mine was...  Unfortunately, i found my return flight changed aircraft in Manila for the return flight...  Best look for a different airline on the return portion if you use Cebu Pacific for the first leg...