Hard Hit By The Rain!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Olongapo City downtown yesterday!

Looks like there will be a few late model vehicles for sale cheap in the near future. Only driven to church by a little old lady and only in one flood.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted

Amazing Resilience. Still smiling in the face of disaster. 

O

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Amazing Resilience. Still smiling in the face of disaster.

I think in some areas the people get so used to it, they just think it is a normal part of life!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Forecast for Cebu is heavy thunderstorms for the rest of the week so looks like we might get some of your :rain_80_anim_gif:

• Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Can we have some, it's not rained here in the UK since 28th May, we're not far from water shortages. Our family are on the Dinilupihan side of Hermosa, no one has been on line for a day now so can only assume there is a brownout in the area. Our house won't flood but the barungy will most likely be cut off. Food will become a problem as no one stocks up, often buying for a couple of days at a time.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Can we have some, it's not rained here in the UK since 28th May, we're not far from water shortages. Our family are on the Dinilupihan side of Hermosa, no one has been on line for a day now so can only assume there is a brownout in the area. Our house won't flood but the barungy will most likely be cut off. Food will become a problem as no one stocks up, often buying for a couple of days at a time.

That area probably got it good.  Did you see the video of SCTEX in that area?  Your family is probably safe as I have not heard of any serious casualties.  Drinking water is also a problem as many wells are flooded and not safe.

Here is another video:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've just left Puerto Galera for Manila, heavy rain as I left but dry and clear here in Manila so far although there is an amber weather warning for rain.

Part of the road I used this morning while avoiding trees and large branches has collapsed. Someone in their infinite wisdom pierced holes for about 3km to make it easier to break up for replacing. The problem is the road follows the contours of a hill. I said the rain would wash away the soil underneath and it has. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Here on Panay as well. The other day there was a landslide in the mountains that closed the main highway between Iloilo and Antique. Luckily there is an old highway that take a beach route around the mountains. It is farther, but a prettier drive.  They just got the mountain road open (for buses and cars - 10 wheelers have to take the old highway), and now the bridge is flooded out near the town of Miagao.  My wife is not sure if there is another way around. This could be a big problem for all the buses and vans... 

the rainy season - it is more fun in the Philippines :tiphat:

Lol ouch, need to go to IloIlo airport from Antique on Thursday, could be a long drive lol.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Lol ouch, need to go to IloIlo airport from Antique on Thursday, could be a long drive lol.

The landslide is cleared enough for buses now. There are 2 temporary bridges during road construction in Miagao - one for 'light' vehicles, one for 'heavy'.  We heard they are allowing buses to use the "light" traffic bridge at Miagao. No 10 wheeler trucks, but buses and vans are supposed to be ok... Good luck :tiphat:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think in some areas the people get so used to it, they just think it is a normal part of life!

And I thought they were only smiling because they saw a camera.:bonk:

• Haha 2