Good church in Cebu -- lots of foreigners

jeauris
Posted
Posted

Looking for a good church in Lapu Lapu or greater Cebu area.  Also starting a support and prayer meeting for foreigners in my house.  Thanks

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Jeauris. 

There are a great many Churches in and around Cebu City. I have not attended a church service on Mactan Island so can’t help you with that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jeauris said:

Looking for a good church in Lapu Lapu or greater Cebu area.  Also starting a support and prayer meeting for foreigners in my house.  Thanks

Its a simple fact  if you read the forum rules.. It will also  explain why i deleted your other post.  Get with th program. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, jeauris said:

Out of curiosity whyou is the prayer group just for Foreigners? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

is the prayer group just for Foreigners? 

That would create a big problem in what I think, would be an unlawful assembly as per Law here in the Philippines :89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

That would create a big problem in what I think, would be an unlawful assembly as per Law here in the Philippines

Jack, this is not directed at you.  I quoted you as the last post in the thread.  I have noticed that many expats rebel against getting a little religion in their life.  So what if we were to change the opening post to:

Looking for a good bar in Lapu Lapu or greater Cebu area.  Also starting a BYOB meeting for foreigners in my house.  Thanks

OR

Looking for a good restaurant in Lapu Lapu or greater Cebu area.  Also starting a potluck supper meeting for foreigners in my house.  Thanks

OR

Looking for a good place to watch the ball game in Lapu Lapu or greater Cebu area.  Also starting a game watch meeting for foreigners in my house.  Thanks

OR

Looking for a good place to play bridge in Lapu Lapu or greater Cebu area.  Also starting a weekly bridge meeting for foreigners in my house.  Thanks

Then none of us would have any problem whatsoever.  This is not directed at Jack or any particular member.  It is just directed in general at expats who seem to have a prejudice against anyone suggesting a little spiritualism in their lives.  Now it the guy was pushing some religion or asking for donations I would totally agree with brushing him off, but I am not seeing that here.

No, I don't go to church or prayer meetings here in Philippines but I have the greatest respect for those who do, so long as they just mention it is available and don't try to push it on anyone.

Climbing off my soapbox now :508:

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Now it the guy was pushing some religion or asking for donations I would totally agree with brushing him off, but I am not seeing that here.

I dont know his objective but he did post 2 posts , one with Email address so completely breaking the rules. It also appears its just advertising rather than anything more. Also the OP has not been back since posting so unless he does I do not care and will close the topic soon. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

jeauris
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, RBM said:

Out of curiosity whyou is the prayer group just for Foreigners? 

Yes.  

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

That would create a big problem in what I think, would be an unlawful assembly as per Law here in the Philippines :89:

Jack, what law is this?  I would be interested in reading the RA law and the intent behind it.  Thanks.

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I would be interested in reading the RA law and the intent behind it.  Thanks.

Hash Harriers (Foreigners) gather in public here in the PI. They run amok wearing skimpy, filthy attire throughout Barangays, pour beer over each others head like morons no one bothers them. The locals enjoy seeing them making fools of themselves. The new no drinking in public law could be their demise?

Other Foreigner groups gather. Veterans, Alcohol Anonymous, etc. Perhaps they have Mayor permits?

The Public Assembly Act of 1985

http://www.chanrobles.com/bataspambansabilang880.htm#.W1e66_ZOLmQ

I've had Foreigners ( 1 Brit, 1 Italian) come to my house and try and hook me into joining their religious group and their way of thinking via (religious dissension) so because they were Foreigners,  would this law apply? :89:

http://www.chanrobles.com/bataspambansabilang39.htm#.W1e2WfZOLmQ

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 1