LAMBANOG

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Here are two recent articles about the drive to place Lambanog and Tuba out the local market and into world consumption..

http://business.inquirer.net/199177/lakan-lambanog-the-drink-of-filipino-nobility

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/457525/tuba-ready-to-conquer-world-markets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont mind Tanduay dark mixed with coke and ice. Only 80% proof. 

bt-tanduaydarkrhum-5yo-750ml.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I like that, myself. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

When I lived in the states I had a friend, married to a Filipina, who visited the Philippines.  While visiting the wife's family he was invited to a tuba drinking session with the locals.  He got so sick that he spent two days in the hospital on IV.  I suspect that those of us raised in a different, more sterile, environment may be more prone to problems with the local food and drink than those who have always lived here. :89:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

When I lived in the states I had a friend, married to a Filipina, who visited the Philippines.  While visiting the wife's family he was invited to a tuba drinking session with the locals.  He got so sick that he spent two days in the hospital on IV.  I suspect that those of us raised in a different, more sterile, environment may be more prone to problems with the local food and drink than those who have always lived here. :89:

:cheersty:, drinking Lambonog (DISTILLED) is another matter, 3 or 4 shots and I'm wasted

• Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 7/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

bt-tanduaydarkrhum-5yo-750ml.jpg

Or out here Tanduay 65 straight with ice..

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, Queenie O. said:

Back in the day when I was in the Peace Corps we attended a Halloween party at our training sight in Los Banos that was serving lambonog.  I got drunk as a skunk as I've never experienced ever again! "Drink Responsibly":smile:

Miss Queenie, 

I must commend you for your spirit of adventure.  A beautiful red head from New England making her first venture into the unknown jungles of the Philippines.  You've been around the block and more importantly, became street smart or jungle smart along the way.

And what better way to adapt (like a good US Marine) is to drink with the locals.  You go gurl!

Oh by the way guys, make sure your off the streets when Queenie is driving home.  This is her wild side of the US Peace Corp.......he, he.

Queenie ride.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Or out here Tanduay 65 straight with ice..

Now Queenie, you know you just can't beat a good single malt scotch. :thumbsup:   My "Papa" who I love dearly brought me a rum and coke at a family gathering at a seaside resort a couple years back.  Fortunately the potted palm beside my table was thirsty and several discrete sips later the rum and coke was gone, and papa was pleased that I enjoyed the drink. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2018 at 10:57 AM, jimeve said:

Hi gang, just had a bottle of "LAMBANOG" Given to me by a friend, just wondering if anyone has drunk this. Drunk half a bottle and 4 bottles of red horse hik.    

My God is this stuff evil...or my over-indulgence was:shades:,

I'm reality it's pretty smooth, smoother than vodka but it can put  you flat on your back.  I swore I'd never drink it again.  I swore off Red Horse back in the 80's. :wink:

• Like 4