Delta Airlines

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Will be making my first visit to the Philippines in September and hoping someone might be able to tell me if they have ever flown Delta from the US. Just looking to see what their experiences might have been. Price is decent at less than $900 usd round trip. From Buffalo, NY to Manila. Thanks for the help in advance.

Gator
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Will be making my first visit to the Philippines in September and hoping someone might be able to tell me if they have ever flown Delta from the US. Just looking to see what their experiences might have been. Price is decent at less than $900 usd round trip. From Buffalo, NY to Manila. Thanks for the help in advance.

Haven’t flown Delta in a few years, wasn’t pleased with their service, seat comfort / spacing, on time record or baggage fees. Plus if I recall correctly, they were one of the first big carriers to start charging those traveling in coach for meals on all domestic routes. 

The past few years I’ve been using American Airlines / Cathay Pacific and have been very  satisfied with their service. 

Regardless of the airline, be sure to allow adequate time for connections - I usually try for about 3-4 hours; never less then 2. 

Safe travels and hope you have an enjoyable trip. 

• Like 1

PakWaan
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Gator said:

Regardless of the airline, be sure to allow adequate time for connections - I usually try for about 3-4 hours; never less then 2. 

Safe travels and hope you have an enjoyable trip. 

I second that. Last trip I had a 2 hour connection in Japan and it took so long to get through their labyrinth of security that I just barely made the flight and was the last one on the plane.   This time I’m taking a direct flight from Los Angeles to Manila on Philippine Airlines. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, PakWaan said:

I second that. Last trip I had a 2 hour connection in Japan and it took so long to get through their labyrinth of security that I just barely made the flight and was the last one on the plane.   This time I’m taking a direct flight from Los Angeles to Manila on Philippine Airlines. 

3rd that.  When I moved here in 2012 I got a one way buddy pass from a friend who works for Delta.  Flight was late and I missed the connection that had a seat for me.  There were no "stand-by" seats available for a few more days, so I bought a ticket to Nagoya and boarded a Manila flight there.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

When I was going back and forth from Phils/Seattle, I flew Delta exclusively. I don't recall any problems other than the regular problems with modern cattle transport airlines (small seats, no legroom, etc.). 

I echo the others as far as giving yourself plenty of time between connections. On the way back, we once connected in LA. Getting through Immigration, customs and through to our connection to Seattle was a nightmare. We missed our flight but luckily were taken care of by an understanding agent who got us on board a later Seattle-bound flight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

Haven’t flown Delta in a few years, wasn’t pleased with their service, seat comfort / spacing, on time record or baggage fees.

3 hours ago, PakWaan said:

I second that.

1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

3rd that

I'm late to the game but I 4th that.  The only good thing about my last Delta flight was an older stewardess who took a liking to me so ignored the other passengers most of the trip while she sat and talked to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The only good thing about my last Delta flight was an older stewardess who took a liking to me so ignored the other passengers most of the trip while she sat and talked to me.

How old was she?  When I use or hear someone use the word "older" it's usually in reference to my or the speakers age.  So in my case that person would most likely be at least 5 years senior to me.  So spending all that time with you she must have been a cougar you lucky guy.   :thumbsup:  Is it safe to say that is what draws you back to Delta?  Or scares you away.:89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

How old was she?  When I use or hear someone use the word "older" it's usually in reference to my or the speakers age

At that time I would have been about 60 and she was in her mid 40s.  I have not dated a lady who was more than 12 years younger than me since I was mid 30s.  It is what it is, and it is a good reason to choose Philippines.

So when I say "older" I mean at the high end of an age I would find attractive.  Age doesn't matter, except as a personal preference.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

How old was she? 

Old enough :rolleyes:

Bette.jpg

• Haha 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Old enough :rolleyes:

Bette.jpg

The last time we flew on an American based carrier the flight attendants looked like they came for the geriatric ward. :shock_40_anim_gif: Every one of them looked like they could be my grandparent.  My wife then said you can sure tell when we are not on an Asian carrier.:tiphat:

• Like 2