ACR CARD

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi guys

I've trundled through the posts and I'm none the wiser , what is an ACR card and why do I need one ?

Is it only required for opening up a bank account? Do I have to pay annual charges z?

Thanks in advanced 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I've trundled through the posts and I'm none the wiser , what is an ACR card and why do I need one ?

It is part of the Alien Registration programme and is a requirement after you have been here 6 months? usually on your 2nd extension they will do it, Also after 6 months you have to do the SSR (Alien Registration) which is easy and takes a few mins Bio and Stuff. if you are not here for over 6 months then you will just be a Tourist but after that you will become a long stay and you will have to do all things they want you to. Under six months no need for an ECC. :whistling: after 6 months you will become one of US Trapped with costs to get Out :hystery: Should you be here around january time you will have to pay the yearly reporting fee but that will be paid on your  Extension at that time.

Hope this helps

http://immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-issuance

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ah Found it, Most of us did this in the free time now you have to Pay, after 59 days now and you must do it, It is in our favour to do this (and it is not Often we get much in our Favour) :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/photos/a.149788088493240.31237.133424753462907/457352394403473/?type=1&theater

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Under six months no need for an ECC.

Agreed but it does make a useful "local ID" when one is required.  I've used it for ID at hotels, renting motorcycles, buying and selling vehicles, opening bank accounts etc.

And I have always been asked for it when getting an ECC but that is not needed if you leave before the six months.  So there is no NEED other than it is a requirement for tourists.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The only real 'need' for it is that it is a BI requirement. If you are on a tourist visa you get a 1 year card and will have to get a new one every year you are here.  If on a 13a (spouse) visa you get a 5 year card.  For the most part it is a pretty useless card - except it is a requirement (unless you are on a balikbayan stamp).  I have used it as a local ID, but rarely.     :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is the ACR immigration is issuing this year :rolleyes:

ACR.jpeg

• Like 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is the ACR immigration is issuing this year :rolleyes:

ACR.jpeg

That is a significantly different ACR then BI issued me. Philippines= YMMV 

Foreigner
Posted
Posted (edited)

"It is part of the Alien Registration programme and is a requirement after you have been here 6 months"

Then why did BI insist that I get an ACR card back when I was here for only two months?  I guess that I must have been profiled as someone who needed to be watched more closely :89:

Edited by Foreigner
Early AD :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

"It is part of the Alien Registration programme and is a requirement after you have been here 6 months"

Then why did BI insist that I get an ACR card back when I was here for only two months?  I guess that I must have been profiled as someone who needed to be watched more closely :89:

No the rules have been amended (As they do/are from time to time the time limit is now 59 days) Check out the Link i put;

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/photos/a.149788088493240.31237.133424753462907/457352394403473/?type=1&theater

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
Woodster
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys, 

My tourist acr card expires on August 23, 2018.  My last arrival was May 10, 2018. My visa is valid until September 8, 2018. I depart the Country on September 4, 2018. Do I need to renew my tourist acr card prior to departing? (of which it goes hand in hand with a visa extension, can't renew card without also doing a visa extension). Of which my visa is valid until my departure?  

I don't want to get to the airport and the immigration staff give me issues because my card has expired. 

Some advice,  feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Woodster