Clean rider campaign for Dumaguete

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Interesting :Policeman:

PNP 'Clean Rider' campaign launch reset

DUMAGUETE CITY – The police here is gearing up for the simultaneous launching of the Philippine National Police (PNP) campaign dubbed “Clean Rider”, which was reset to August 1.

Despite the change in schedule, Team PRO-7 (PNP Regional Office 7) was all set for the originally scheduled launch Friday, with a lot of motorists making inquiries on how to avail of the “Clean Rider” project of PNP Director General Oscar Albayalde.

Superintendent Jonathan Pineda, police chief of Dumaguete, said Friday the “Clean Rider” campaign is aimed at documenting and disciplining motorists as well as accounting for all motorcycles with their respective owners.

Motorists will have to fill up a registration form with a 2 x 2 picture and to submit for recording the make, engine number, chassis number, plate number, year model and the complete owner’s name, occupation, certificate of registration and driver’s license. 

Pineda said the police will also check on the accessories of the motorcycle before it can be issued a “Clean Rider” sticker with a serial number, the same with that attached to the driver’s license of the owner for easy identification.

With the “Clean Rider” sticker, it is understood that the motorcycle and the owner have undergone the process and are considered legitimate.

However, it does not preclude authorities from flagging them when they look suspicious during a checkpoint because of a possibility the rider may not be the real owner of the motorcycle or it is carnapped, said Pineda.

It is for this reason that the Dumaguete police is coordinating with rent-a-bike shops in Dumaguete to also fill up the registration form.

Meanwhile, the Police Advisory Council (PAC), in a meeting on Friday, passed and approved a resolution requesting the city government for funding support for the reproduction of counter stickers exclusively for use by the city police.

Pineda said the counter stickers will determine if a motorcycle involved in a crime, was flagged down, or has committed violations, is from Dumaguete City.

He told the PAC that violators of existing ordinances in the city are motorcycles coming from other municipalities.

The counter stickers will also determine the number of motorcycles plying the streets of Dumaguete.

On the use of helmets, which is mandatory under existing national laws, Supt. Pineda said the police will be guided accordingly by existing ordinances of the city that full-faced helmets are not allowed.

Recent shooting incidents involving motorcycles driven by suspects showed that the culprits are wearing full-faced helmets so that they cannot be identified even during daytime. (PNA)

http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1042948

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

How soon until someone starts selling fake stickers? :whistling:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

the rider may not be the real owner of the motorcycle or it is carnapped, said Pineda.

It is for this reason that the Dumaguete police is coordinating with rent-a-bike shops in Dumaguete to also fill up the registration form.

This is not making sense to me.  Only the real owner of the motorcycle is allowed to drive it?  And what are they coordinating with the rent-a-bike shops?  And what about motorcycles which are not registered in Dumaguete because commuters are coming in from other towns?  Sounds like another bureaucratic nightmare to me.

The proper thing to do is to check serial numbers against a database when bikes are caught in a stop-check to see if they are stolen and to see if the operator has a drivers license and any wants or warrants.  Those are the points that most countries are concerned with, not whether the real owner is the driver.

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is not making sense to me.  Only the real owner of the motorcycle is allowed to drive it?

Yes that one makes me wonder also, in my case I might ride the mio of SWMBO and she has decided she is trying to learn how to ride my semi auto Honda.  Or yesterday we went to the beach but the vios only seats 5 (better with 4) and mama and papa were there so we let the sister and husband of SWMBO use the mio to follow us in the car.  I cannot understand what they will do when there is legitimate use of a legal registered motorbike.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Best way all round to get it "to really Clean" is compulsory Insurance with named Drivers only

Just a thought.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Best way all round to get it "to really Clean" is compulsory Insurance with named Drivers only

And for those who hire a driver?  Or loan the car to a friend? Or have the mechanic come to pick it up to take it to the shop?

Even in a first world country, the insurance companies allow for any driver who fits the qualifications to drive your car up to 10% of the time.  More if named or if you are in the car with them.  Not sure about motorcycles but probably similar.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And for those who hire a driver?  Or loan the car to a friend? Or have the mechanic come to pick it up to take it to the shop?

Oh I am sure it is a phone call or mail to add a driver Ok, so make that Mandatory insurance (Any driver) but how many here will Fit the bill

It will go by the Board in the end so I shall  not give it another though cos we all know, it will never get beyond a dream

An  afterthought, when you rent out anything Who does the Insurance? :smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Guys, Guys, Guys..... This is taking place in the Philippines. Don't over think it.

You can be sure whoever thought it up didn't. :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

when you rent out anything Who does the Insurance?

That's a good point.  Look at all the motorcycle rental places in Philippines.  Now ask any Philippine insurance company if they provide policies for motorcycle rentals under 150 cc.  Not a one.  Nada.  I've checked them all.  So anyone renting a motorcycle in Philippines better have deep pockets.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's a good point.  Look at all the motorcycle rental places in Philippines.  Now ask any Philippine insurance company if they provide policies for motorcycle rentals under 150 cc.  Not a one.  Nada.  I've checked them all.  So anyone renting a motorcycle in Philippines better have deep pockets.

So really then although they (PNP) say they are working with rental outlets, Not all is very good for this "Clean rider' thing as far as I can see, As usual they have put the "Cart before the horse" but Then, we know where we are :wink:

• Like 1