Clean rider campaign for Dumaguete

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Guys, Guys, Guys..... This is taking place in the Philippines. Don't over think it.

You can be sure whoever thought it up didn't. :tiphat:

:thumbsup: Yep but WE did not Start it, So have you got anything to input about how or if this can be achieved :89: 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Has anyone in Dumaguete done this yet? I need to renew my registration next week and wonder if this will be tied to it?

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Has anyone in Dumaguete done this yet? I need to renew my registration next week and wonder if this will be tied to it?

The program is voluntary not mandatory. I have already seen one with the sticker on it here in Dumaguete. It didn't even have mirrors on it. I'm not going to waste my time getting a sticker. http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1016574/pnp-launches-clean-rider-campaign-to-fight-crime

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

It didn't even have mirrors on it.

Why clutter up the bike with mirrors if you aren't going to use them. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

The program is voluntary not mandatory. I have already seen one with the sticker on it here in Dumaguete. It didn't even have mirrors on it. I'm not going to waste my time getting a sticker. http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1016574/pnp-launches-clean-rider-campaign-to-fight-crime

Program is voluntary? That's good. I already do the right thing; update my motorbike plate sticker each year. Yep, a real license plate with '2018' sticker on it. And a new 5 yr drivers license.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hehe!  You guys make me laugh! 

The idea behind this is to just make it easier to identify the bike and owner when they are out riding and get stopped at a check point...  Bike has a sticker?  Yup!  Owner is driving and has the sticker ID on his license..?  Yup!  He's been precleared...  Let him pass...  That's all it is...

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2018 at 1:05 PM, AlwaysRt said:

If it's not mandatory, should be fine.

Edited by robert k

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, i am bob said:

Yup!  Owner is driving and has the sticker ID on his license..?  Yup!  He's been precleared...  Let him pass...  That's all it is...

:smile: Then I would say they have succeeded in their mission  :thumbsup:

homer-doh.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would say they have succeeded in their mission

What is their mission with those roadside stop checks? They only take a quick look at the paperwork so are they looking for guys with guns and drugs on motorcycles?  They don't seem to bother with the people who hang back 100 meters until the check is over so I cannot see how they have succeeded.  Seems to me, that if I was going to be sneaking guns and drugs past a stop check it would be a good idea to get "pre-cleared" so they don't stop me.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What is their mission with those roadside stop checks? They only take a quick look at the paperwork so are they looking for guys with guns and drugs on motorcycles?  They don't seem to bother with the people who hang back 100 meters until the check is over so I cannot see how they have succeeded.  Seems to me, that if I was going to be sneaking guns and drugs past a stop check it would be a good idea to get "pre-cleared" so they don't stop me.

Then it is all aload Bull again, so I will leave it with those that know what is in their minds  :wink: [ from Daves Quote] Seems to me, that if I was going to be sneaking guns and drugs past a stop check it would be a good idea to get "pre-cleared" so they don't stop me. ** They say from the article [Quote**]However, it does not preclude authorities from flagging them when they look suspicious during a checkpoint because of a possibility the rider may not be the real owner of the motorcycle or it is carnapped, said Pineda.

Homer out of Here..jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1