Clean rider campaign for Dumaguete

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

At the time the sticker was issued driver and cycle were cleared.  So . . . can thieves steal the sticker or do they have to take entire bike the following day or week?  Seems like bikes with a sticker would be a premium target for theft.  Seriously, does this really solve any problems?  Or am I not understanding how the system works???? :89:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Or am I not understanding how the system works???? :89:

I don't think anyone does really

• Like 3

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

If they would enforce the laws on the books they wouldn't need this sticker program. Here in Dumaguete its common to see motorcycles with no plate. Yet law enforcement seems to be blind when it comes to enforcing that law. I really don't think a sticker will help in anyway. Whoever is doing these drive-by assassinations are not going to be part of the sticker program and they all seem to have one thing in common, no plate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

3 parts to this...  First, the bike needs a plate...  The correct plate that was issued to that bike...  Second, the owner is pre-cleared via police checks, etc...  And gets his license annotated to show that he had passed...  Third is the sticker on the bike which shows the check point team that the driver of the bike MIGHT be a good guy...  They will need to check that all 3 are there and, if they are - and everything seems legit, the biker gets through the check point faster than those who don't have it...

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, i am bob said:

First, the bike needs a plate...  The correct plate that was issued to that bike..

When do those get issued?  I haven't seen a plate issued to a motorcycle (in Dumaguete anyway) in the last 3 or more years.  I've seen temporary plates made up by the owners or the sales agents.  Are those what you mean?

• Like 2