My journey to finding a Filipina girlfriend...

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forum.  Looking forward to hearing more from you and your adventures here in the Philippines.

Edited by Mike J
Damn spell check!

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

Good luck.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Welcome and Well done.

Carry on Colonel  :console:

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

:welcome-group:

Welcome to the forum Colonel. Good luck with your lady. It sounds very promising. 

This forum is a great resource for any information you require.

Ken

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Welcome redfeather.  It sounds like you are on the right track with this girl you have met as well as locating this friendly informative forum.  Just take your time and get to know each other as well as her family.  If you haven’t had much dealings with the filipinos you will soon learn you will become part of their family and with this comes responsibility .  The members here are very knowledgeable and can explain or help with most questions you may have.  Good luck and again welcome.

• Like 1

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

Good luck with your girl. Having said that be open to change. I like you was talking to a girl before going there for 3 months. When I got there I quickly realised it was not going to work out. 

I decided I may as well just enjoy my time there and having met a few girls within 3 weeks I met my wife to be. 

• Like 2

redfeather
Posted
Posted

Topcat,

What were the things that made you quickly realize it was not going to work out?  I need to know things and questions to ask right now to try and do the best vetting that I can before I arrive in September.  Any mentor ship is much appreciated because I wasted time in Ukraine, and I do not want to continue doing this.  I have already asked her about support and money that might be asked of her family, and we are in agreement so far on this important topic.  So, knowing what items caused you to know it would not work out...will be helpful for me going forward.  Thanks.

• Like 2

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

I am very intuitive. I immediately felt there was no real and substantial connection. I had a picture in my head of who this person was which was not based in reality. When we spent a couple of days together I knew she was not for me. 

She did nothing wrong. It was my mistake. 

I can't describe how I knew. 

• Like 4