My journey to finding a Filipina girlfriend...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Tim L.,

I plan to live in Texas.  I have my business here, and I do not have the option to jump ship and leave.  I still like about half of the things in America, so I will be staying.  Someone made the comment about the Philippines is like stepping back in time about 50 years.  I will probably like this because I can fit into that old school living a lot better.

Just a heads up to help the thread is that every post has a quote button to quote who you are replying to. Also to only quote part of the post just highlight the part you want and a little box will say Quote this and it's done. :thumbsup:

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Redfeather.

Divorce rape survivor here. What an awful thing to live through. I fought on my end for my half to the teeth so it ended up not being so bad for me, and really good for my lawyer!

I met my wife online and we chatted and video'd constantly as you do now. After my first trip to the Philippines, I realized she was as genuine as I thought before hand. We just got back from a 6 week stay to visit family and I can't be happier with decision. I agree with the poster above, watch with those who come out straight with NEED or WANT. I would offer my wife things when I was over there, and she'd turn them down. That said, it's Filipino tradition to support family to some degree if you're better off, so something to keep in mind.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

redfeather
Posted
Posted (edited)

Reboot,

I have read your posts a lot, and I like your story.  I have a small cooler company that she says she would like to do online sales for it, so I am telling her it will be all hers to take it and run with it.     I feel the same way you do that my gf is just real genuine and down to earth.  I have no problem with sending some support, and I bought my gf a fan and light for her bedroom that her dad just completed for her because the mosquitoes were getting bad and the fan keeps them run off.  It is small little things, and she thanks me many times over for these small things.  I am thinking to myself that I wish I had gone to the Philippines 20 years ago to search for a decent woman, and I wish I had stayed away from American women.  I needed an AAR after action report and lessons learned.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed business statements
  • Like 4

TimL
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2018 at 9:49 AM, redfeather said:

I have a small cooler company that she says she would like to do online sales for it, so I am telling her it will be all hers to take it and run with it.

Trying to give Yeti a run for their money ehh? Shouldn't be too hard since they parted ways with the NRA and a lot of gun folks, me included, have taken that rather personally.

Good luck to you, I hope that all goes well for you with your business and your Filipina. ;)

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have removed some parts of posts in this topic. Here is a link to the rules. https://www.philippines-expats.com/guidelines/

:thumbsup:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 7/30/2018 at 12:44 PM, redfeather said:

Tim L.,

I plan to live in Texas.  I have my business here, and I do not have the option to jump ship and leave.  I still like about half of the things in America, so I will be staying.  Someone made the comment about the Philippines is like stepping back in time about 50 years.  I will probably like this because I can fit into that old school living a lot better.

I always thought it was like US in the 50s.....then just realized that is MORE then 50 years ago........but so am I.:56da64b375223_36_1_581:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
redfeather
Posted
Posted

Okay an Update,

I am about two weeks out from leaving to see my girlfriend in Manila.  I had an Army friend that sent me a message, and he suggested that we go spend some time in Puerto Galera at the beach.  So, I booked us a hotel in Puerto Galera right on the beach for five days.  We will go island hopping and snorkeling, and just hang out around the beach because that area is beautiful.  We will take the bus from Manila to Batangus Pier and then take the one hour ferry across to Puerto Galera.  We video chat several times each day, and we talk on the phone and use FB and whattsapp all thru the day.  I am looking forward to my Philippines adventure, and to seeing my girlfriend and us spending time together.  I will take my laptop computer, but I am not sure if I will post anything until I return.  Please let me know of any other pointers you might be able to share with me to smooth my trip.  Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, redfeather said:

I am looking forward to my Philippines adventure, and to seeing my girlfriend and us spending time together.

Best laid plans and all that comes to mind.

First time I arrived, with similar plans for me and my online girlfriend, I was surprised to find 2 "tagalongs" with her.  Shes said "You did not expect me to show up at the airport and meet you without chaperones did you?" So she brought her cousin and her cousin's husband.  Hope you booked extra accommodation  :hystery:

Might not happen for you that way.  Just saying whatever can go wrong will go wrong but enjoy it anyway.  :cheersty:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just saying whatever can go wrong will go wrong but enjoy it anyway.  :cheersty:

@redfeather

:thumbsup: Oh yes! but to wish redfeather good luck and hope all goes well for him, a Little Humour  I thought, might make all smile a Little;

Internet dating.jpg :smile:

• Like 2

redfeather
Posted
Posted

Jack,

Yeppers...seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.

I agree.

• Like 2