My journey to finding a Filipina girlfriend...

redfeather
Posted
Posted

Topcat,

I understand your answer.  I agree the chemistry has to be there, or it makes it difficult to move forward.  My gf and I video chat 2-3 times per day, and we text all thru the day...and right now things look and feel very good.  I am using the yardstick of comparison to what happened with American women and the Ukraine women, and from my point of view my Filipina is way out ahead of the pack.  I do like to use any mentor ship from others who have already been there and done that, and learning from our mistakes is a great teacher.  Any input on this topic is much appreciated.

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted

Hi Redfeather! Welcome and good luck. Since you made it to Colonel, I will assume that you have a pretty good head on your shoulders. Do your due diligence, read and learn as much as you can. Like anything, the more you know, the better prepared you will be to handle anything that arrises.

Like you, I've had it with American females. Too much entitlement and Princess syndrome going on in the US for me. I enjoy the Philippines even though in some aspects it's like stepping back decades in time compared to what I'm used to. It's getting there though, albeit slowly. I'm heading back over in August. I want to figure it out on this trip if I truly want to stay there longterm or not. Hopefully, things will go as well as they have the past couple of trips. Things will most likely be much different when viewing it from a longterm angle, rather then I'll be heading back home in a month or 2 months. Where do you plan to live? Just curious. 

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

HI buddy

A lot of us have been divorced raped on here , I walked a similar path to yourself ,I did the Ukraine dating thing then I met a woman from my home country that distracted me for a few years , I lost count of the ladies I dated in the UK , im 60 and can still pull the ladies over here. I heard about DIA and went online there , I chatted to a woman for about 6 months before flying over to meet her , I met her family and we went on vacation ,it was not a happy experience . The chemistry was not there and I felt I was being treated like a walking ATM .

I returned to the UK and DIA with a different plan , this time it was my intention to line up a few ladies for my next visit to the phils and this I did , I flew out about 3 weeks ago and met lady no1 , I spent 3 days with her and then gave her the taxi fare home , I moved hotels as a precaution , and I had to fill in another 3 days before I moved on to lady number 2 , during that time I went back on DIA and made a quick contact with a lady in DAVAO , I met her for dinner , she started ticking the boxes straight away , I like intelligent women , ones that I can trust ,she was looking out for me from the word go ,lady no2 was politely told that I was not going to fund her idea of a family holiday in Bohol , Lady number 3 asked me for money so that she could pay a hospital bill ,so I dropped the remaining girls

I booked into a Condo for the rest of the duration of my visit , you can find a longer threat under second visit , the long and the short of it is that ive more or less bought a condo in Davao , im going to explore the relationship with this woman , I had to thin quite a few out before I met her ,ive been texting and chatting all day

You are the second US Colonel that ive met on a forum , the other was USAF and we became good friends after his posting in the UK , I even got invited to the pentagon for his retirement ceremony

I wish you all the good fortune in the world , it sounds like you are going about it the right way

• Like 3

TimL
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

HI buddy

A lot of us have been divorced raped on here , I walked a similar path to yourself ,I did the Ukraine dating thing then I met a woman from my home country that distracted me for a few years , I lost count of the ladies I dated in the UK , im 60 and can still pull the ladies over here. I heard about DIA and went online there , I chatted to a woman for about 6 months before flying over to meet her , I met her family and we went on vacation ,it was not a happy experience . The chemistry was not there and I felt I was being treated like a walking ATM .

I returned to the UK and DIA with a different plan , this time it was my intention to line up a few ladies for my next visit to the phils and this I did , I flew out about 3 weeks ago and met lady no1 , I spent 3 days with her and then gave her the taxi fare home , I moved hotels as a precaution , and I had to fill in another 3 days before I moved on to lady number 2 , during that time I went back on DIA and made a quick contact with a lady in DAVAO , I met her for dinner , she started ticking the boxes straight away , I like intelligent women , ones that I can trust ,she was looking out for me from the word go ,lady no2 was politely told that I was not going to fund her idea of a family holiday in Bohol , Lady number 3 asked me for money so that she could pay a hospital bill ,so I dropped the remaining girls

I booked into a Condo for the rest of the duration of my visit , you can find a longer threat under second visit , the long and the short of it is that ive more or less bought a condo in Davao , im going to explore the relationship with this woman , I had to thin quite a few out before I met her ,ive been texting and chatting all day

You are the second US Colonel that ive met on a forum , the other was USAF and we became good friends after his posting in the UK , I even got invited to the pentagon for his retirement ceremony

I wish you all the good fortune in the world , it sounds like you are going about it the right way

Yes, you definitely have to be careful. A lot of these girls are just looking for someone to bankroll her family. ;) Seems like the ones you met came out pretty quick with the idea of money Bastonjock, others are much more calculating and patient. 

It's always something though. A hospital or doctor for her or a sick/dying family member, I can't talk to you anymore unless you send me money for a load for my phone, My glasses broke and I can't see to message you, I need now ones, my phone's broken and I need a new one, I don't know how much longer I can talk to you before it dies, I'm starving and haven't eaten in a month even though she's overweight by 40 lbs, my child is sick, I need to take him/her to the doctor and don't have any money, my boss won't pay me so I'm broke, I need to enroll my child in school, I can't afford it and he/she won't be able to go to school now, boo, hoo, I'm about to get kicked out of my house cause I don't have money to pay the rent, yada yada. :hystery:  And I won't even get into the ones that want you to bankroll a business for you both. You know, the only that you can't own much of and have no control over. Or the house for "us" to live in together. The same house that you'll most likely not be in very long before you get the boot if you ever get into it at all.

Honestly, I think the Philippines has taken over 1st place from South Africa as the fraud capital of the world.

I know, I know, a lot of people have met and/or married great people but for every one of them, there are 10 more that are going to try to rip you off. All I'm saying is that knowledge is power, think with your big head, not the little one. ;) This post is not aimed at anyone in particular, just broad observations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

redfeather
Posted
Posted

You guys have me ROFLMAO.  I appreciate all the great reply's, and I do use and store away all the feedback for my trip to the Phils.  I will keep you posted on how things are going.  She has assured me that her or her family will not be trying any of these I want/I need money for my hunchback uncle that is on a boat going around the world.  She lives out in the Province area and far from any of the big cities.  For her it is a five hour trip to reach Zamboagna City.  It is refreshing to actually be able to have a normal type relationship, so in that regard the Philippines is looking very good.  I will keep you posted.  Please keep any tips and ideas rolling my way we can use all the help we can get.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

One tip i forgot ,avoid balut lol

• Haha 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

One tip i forgot ,avoid balut lol

I say try the balut, the fried chicken blood, the barbecue chicken inards, the fish balls, you never know you may like some of it and the gf will be impressed

• Like 1

redfeather
Posted
Posted

Tim L.,

I plan to live in Texas.  I have my business here, and I do not have the option to jump ship and leave.  I still like about half of the things in America, so I will be staying.  Someone made the comment about the Philippines is like stepping back in time about 50 years.  I will probably like this because I can fit into that old school living a lot better.

• Like 4