Arrival & Departure cards

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

New Arrival and Departure Cards Launched by Bureau of Immigration:

Has anyone come across these yet?Arrival-750x600.jpg Something else that was not Broken yet they try to fix. Or is this a good Idea?

https://explore.traveloka.com/news/new-immigration-arrival-departure-cards

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I suggest there are 2 reasons for it.  Firstly, the Philippines love their bureaucracy. Secondly, some other countries are doing it so the Philippines wants to be on their level (they do it to us so we'll do it to them).  Such is my opinion :56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Yes I got one of the new arrival ‘cards’ (nb they’re paper not card stock) when I flew into Cebu early this week.  It seemed to have a lot of the questions that the white paper arrival declaration had (yes I had to fill in both handing them both back, one at immigration and the other at exit from the terminal).

For me this time arrival at the new Cebu terminal was quick and easy and there is a free transfer bus to the old terminal which is domestic only now (so with reduced people there that was also quick).

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Has anyone come across these yet

When I flew into Clark in early July they were still using the same old bluish colored form. I left last week and there were no departure cards.....or I was at least not asked for one. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gator said:

I left last week and there were no departure cards.....or I was at least not asked for one. 

I haven't been asked to fill in a departure card at MNL airport for a couple of years now. I am guessing they have the required info on the computer system now.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
Rooster
Posted
Posted

I just flew out of NAIA to the states. I was told the departure cards are for Philippine Citizens Only. I'll see if I have to do the arrival card when I return.

• 4 weeks later...
Rooster
Posted
Posted
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Has anyone come across these yet?Arrival-750x600.jpg Something else that was not Broken yet they try to fix. Or is this a good Idea?

https://explore.traveloka.com/news/new-immigration-arrival-departure-cards

Recently Departed/Returned.

Immigration said departure cards were for Philippine Citizens only.

Upon my arrival, Immigration required everyone to complete arrival cards.

• Like 1