What is it with this thing they have about Cheese on everything

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I assume it is because there are so few pickles?

I think its just because Brits seem to like cucumbers on everything, so if you go to a restaurant with a Brit owner or a lot of Brit customers then expect cukes.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2018 at 10:14 PM, Jack Peterson said:

It is Not as if it was proper or good Cheese but why, does nigh on all fast food items have to be smothered or filled with cheese? seems to be a thing all over not just here but this is where I am so here it is about here I ask :89:

Is it really cheese?  During my stay I couldn't find anything but the Eden stuff, which isn't real cheese in my book. I couldn't even find real butter! 

Dairy was in short supply.

I went without cheese or fresh milk for over a month. Then I got home to the US earlier this month...downed a tall glass of cold milk...and got the shits for the rest of the day.

Apparently, I went so long without dairy that I've lost the ability to digest it!

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

Is it really cheese?  During my stay I couldn't find anything but the Eden stuff, which isn't real cheese in my book. I couldn't even find real butter! 

Dairy was in short supply.

I went without cheese or fresh milk for over a month. Then I got home to the US earlier this month...downed a tall glass of cold milk...and got the shits for the rest of the day.

Apparently, I went so long without dairy that I've lost the ability to digest it!

I get 4 litres of fresh milk delivered twice a week here.  p80 per litre, almost the same as the boxed UHT milk.  Karlen's Fresh milk comes from Angeles and I think they get the fresh milk from Laguna.

We have a lot of real cheese here.  I buy several packaged types at Royal and they also have a deli with many more.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 7/30/2018 at 10:03 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think its just because Brits seem to like cucumbers on everything, so if you go to a restaurant with a Brit owner or a lot of Brit customers then expect cukes.

I must be the only Brit who hates cucumbers, Cucumber sandwich, no thanks. 

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Seen an advert, corned beef with cheese chunks in a tin. :Caught: 

• Haha 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I get 4 litres of fresh milk delivered twice a week here.  p80 per litre, almost the same as the boxed UHT milk.  Karlen's Fresh milk comes from Angeles and I think they get the fresh milk from Laguna.

We have a lot of real cheese here.  I buy several packaged types at Royal and they also have a deli with many more.

Subic right? 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

Subic right? 

Yes