Cebu Pacific vs. Cathay Dragon

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

We want to fly from Clark. 

Just taking a quick look at specials I can find, Cebu Pacific special fares are way below Dragon in cost.  Being the Scrooge that I am, I'd have to find a pretty nice special on Dragon or it would be Cebu Pacific for me.  Especially with a family to pay for.  That plus filipinas love kids so the stewardess' on Cebu Pacific are likely to treat the kids like royalty.  Just my additional thoughts after plucking around with SkyScanner :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just taking a quick look at specials I can find, Cebu Pacific special fares are way below Dragon in cost.  Being the Scrooge that I am, I'd have to find a pretty nice special on Dragon or it would be Cebu Pacific for me.  Especially with a family to pay for.  That plus filipinas love kids so the stewardess' on Cebu Pacific are likely to treat the kids like royalty.  Just my additional thoughts after plucking around with SkyScanner :tiphat:

Good point about the stews on Cebu Pacific!

I was curious about Skyscanner so I punched the dates in, Oct. 30 - Nov 2.  Skyscanner calls children anyone over 16 but both CP and CD say it is over 12.

Screenshot (295).png

The flights we are choosing from are the last two.  Skyscanner has that last fare on Cebu Pacific wrong.  The base fare on those flights is a total of p35,482.  However, add in p5100 for 3 X 20 kg bags, and p2250 for seat selection, and you have p42,832, higher than the p41,781 on Cathay Dragon.  Cathay Dragon includes in the price 5 X 30 kg bags and free seat selection.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This just came into my mailbox minutes ago.  It may help

Special.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dang they go fast.  Just checked your dates on the Cebu Pacific site and a couple specials were left on Oct 30 and 31 but even those are not as low as advertised.  Oh well, just trying to help. :tiphat:

Holy crap I am glad I don't travel with a family.  I'm sure you love the little darlings to death but just for curiosity I plugged your dates into Cebu Pacific site with 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant on lap

31K pesos round trip!!! Ouch

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Dang they go fast.  Just checked your dates on the Cebu Pacific site and a couple specials were left on Oct 30 and 31 but even those are not as low as advertised.  Oh well, just trying to help. :tiphat:

Holy crap I am glad I don't travel with a family.  I'm sure you love the little darlings to death but just for curiosity I plugged your dates into Cebu Pacific site with 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant on lap

31K pesos round trip!!! Ouch

Yes, I got that e-mail today but it didn't help on our dates.  Actually our oldest is 14 and youngest over 2, so we are 3 adults and 2 kids, 5 seats.  Cebu Pacific doesn't discount the kids anyway.  Cathay Pacific has kids at 75% of adult fare.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well, I decided to go with Cathay and made my booking.  Kinda.

Cathay has a nice feature that used to be a common free service, but I haven't seen it in years.  For $15 refundable, they will hold your booking for 3 days before you have to pay for it.  If I don't pay for it before the 3 days are up, they charge my credit card $15.

Main reason for Cathay was the free baggage, 150 kgs.  We will pack a lot of food to eat at the hotels and save from eating too much at the hotel restos.  At Disneyland hotels, the breakfast is like $35 per adult and kids $25!  My kids barely eat so that is not good for us at all.

• Like 1