Stem cell Treatment

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My wife has come up with an invite to a Seminar on Stem Cell Treatment, For me, having read up on it I am not sure it is as good as being made out,

Most that have been around the forum some time will know i am sure , that i am a Stroke survivor and am on constant maintenance medication, I would be very reluctant to have any of this type of Treatment as the side effects are not good with regards to Blood, again on reading it, seems that there are centres springing up all over & the Philippines seem to have jumped on the wagon, The cost is high and as yet (I read) not a lot of conclusive evidence that it is a good thing .The Side effects seem to be on the High side for me in particular, the medical profession seem to use it in Orthopedic cases But the side effects are still there and on one report it suggests that it can/may aggravate Cancer Growth. That is worrying. there are so many pages that could be linked but just no time today, so anyone interested just "Google" [Stem cell treatment] Any thoughts? or is it just another someone get rich Quick scheme with no thought to the After event as in Side effects.

Sorry for this on a Saturday morning but as with a lot of our Ladies here they can get talked into a lot of things  :wink: without doing any research into them at all, I said NAH! you go but my mind is already made up, I will continue to trust the Doctor who has kept me going for over 6+ years, anyway Hon, it will not be in English So :mellow: 

Jack:smile:

Morning all:photo-109:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I will continue to trust the Doctor who has kept me going for over 6+ years,

Jack, This is a good track record and if it were me I would likely continue with the doctor as well.:thumbsup:.  Now maybe, just maybe, if this had a few years of proven results I may consider if my doctor agreed.  But looks like a some years away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

From my understanding of stem cell treatments they pretty much have to kill off your whole imune system with a form of chemo before the treatment even has a chance of working.  I struggle enough trusting routine treatments here so I can't see me taking advantage of it. 

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

It would be cheaper and easier to simply wash your feet with Barley Soap. It draws out all of the bad vapors and it inhibits rust. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2018 at 12:33 AM, Snowy79 said:

From my understanding of stem cell treatments they pretty much have to kill off your whole imune system with a form of chemo before the treatment even has a chance of working.  I struggle enough trusting routine treatments here so I can't see me taking advantage of it. 

Killing off your immune sounds like a dangerous thing to do. Perhaps this is only for one specific type of stem cell treatment? I know several people who have had stem cell spinal injections to reduce back pain. Both relate that it has worked for them and nothing so drastic as suppressing their immune system was needed.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1