Early Christmas BB have arrived

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Well, for those interested in not using the services of the balikbayan box shipper we used, the company is SARANGANI SEAPORT, Package/freight Delivery.  They are a smaller company but with many drop off locations around Maryland, PA, WV, and DC.  Because of the way they rolled our boxes around I also would never use them for transporting anything if you have a choice.  Today my wife called their office and spoke to the General Manager about our issue.  When asked why the boxes had been opened, she said they were received that way.  However, the delivery men had admitted the boxes we opened for ventilation :89:when my wife asked them on the delivery date.  Just as upsetting was the manager did not see anything wrong with the way they delivered the boxes by rolling them around. :angry_80_anim_gif:  I am not really so concerned about our loss of the few broken pieces but it may have been avoided with a little careful handling.   As I said before we are really happy nothing was stolen but the opening and handling of our boxes was just not professional.  Next step is contacting our friend who is an agent for this company to let her know our experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Just as upsetting was the manager did not see anything wrong with the way they delivered the boxes by rolling them around.

It's not unusual for that method to be used. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2018 at 1:36 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

It's not unusual for that method to be used. 

Our “ex” shippers pick up agent told us the same, that they routinely roll the boxes to move them around.

I’ve fabricated cheap plywood boxes to fit inside the cardboard box for fragile items. God knows they can’t be worse than UPS!

Also try adding V shaped hard cardboard segments to along each inside edge. 

Edited by Old55
  • Love it 1