Traffic

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, oldutot said:

Is the traffic that bad in Cebu, do I need to plan for one destination of the island.  I talking about a possible 3 day trip there..funny thing about me, I never been anywhere  in the Phils. But the rock of Luzon island. I am contemplating of making advance plans or what. 

Depends on the time of day and where you are. It's not always choked. 

• Like 1

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I am up for a pub crawl :cheersty:   the wife thinks she going to pull me  through the Manila mall crawl scene. 

Edited by oldutot
added more context
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, oldutot said:

Is the traffic that bad in Cebu, do I need to plan for one destination of the island.  I talking about a possible 3 day trip there

You should be able to get across the city in three days. :hystery:   Seriously though, it is bad as others have mentioned.  Take Dave's suggestion and use a taxi.  Do not even consider trying to do the driving  yourself.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Could you please advise what time and where it's not chocked, apart perhaps early am. I am driving there about once a month and travel a lot in the city, it's always chocked, this is between 11am an 6pm. Soon as dark I park up, if going out at night its a taxi.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

All day maundy thursday and good friday the street are also devoid of any traffic. We landed at terminal 3 on the thurday morning and saw probably half a dozen cars all of the way the Makati.

GBT62
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2018 at 5:03 PM, oldutot said:

Is the traffic that bad in Cebu

Well as a comparison on the island (not just the city) - I have done 2 trips from Cebu (Guadalupe Bgy) to Moalboal on the other side of the island.

Distance according to Google maps is just 86km  - with the current driving estimate of 3 hours 5 mins. I have never done the trip in less than 3h hours 40 mins.

Last month back in AU I took my GF from Brisbane City to the northern part of the Gold Coast - distance was 84 km - did that in 55 minutes - with roadworks at the southern end. 

You get the idea ...... she sure got a shock too :smile:

• Like 1

oldutot
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, oldutot said:

Hey Jake,   It’s our fast boat to mango street :7500:

I might need this boat patrolling the shores when I visit a Mactan resort

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
afathertobe
Posted
Posted

I've been riding my bike throughout Luzon and the Visayas and it's a mess almost everywhere. Even the smallest towns with one school will have congested roads in the mornings and evenings.

Don't even get me started on Cebu or Manila... I live in BGC at the moment and it seems to be getting worse by the month. New developments going up but no new roads of course, that would be silly. All of Taguig right until Sta. Rosa, Laguna is getting built up and messier by the day.

Without family obligations I'd leave for greener pastures for sure, Thailand is traffic heaven in comparison. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Capa
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, Howard said:

The quickest way to get around anywhere in the Philippines is by motorcycle. 

Grab works for me. I'm in no hurry! The drivers are very professional with new cars 90% of the time. Other times, 10% of the time, you get annoying music, the smell of tobacco or farts or the smell or air freshener trying to cover up those tobacco or fart smells. I try to walk as much as possible for exercise and to save money, but if it is more than 2km, it is Grab for me!

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Capa said:

Grab works for me. I'm in no hurry! The drivers are very professional with new cars 90% of the time. Other times, 10% of the time, you get annoying music, the smell of tobacco or farts or the smell or air freshener trying to cover up those tobacco or fart smells. I try to walk as much as possible for exercise and to save money, but if it is more than 2km, it is Grab for me!

Do you take 4 dogs, 3 security guards, one look out and a partridge in a pear tree when you venture outside of fort knox? 

• Haha 2