2 hours ago, oldutot said:

Is the traffic that bad in Cebu, do I need to plan for one destination of the island.  I talking about a possible 3 day trip there..funny thing about me, I never been anywhere  in the Phils. But the rock of Luzon island. I am contemplating of making advance plans or what. 

Depends on the time of day and where you are. It's not always choked. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I am up for a pub crawl :cheersty:   the wife thinks she going to pull me  through the Manila mall crawl scene. 

Edited by oldutot
added more context
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, oldutot said:

Is the traffic that bad in Cebu, do I need to plan for one destination of the island.  I talking about a possible 3 day trip there

You should be able to get across the city in three days. :hystery:   Seriously though, it is bad as others have mentioned.  Take Dave's suggestion and use a taxi.  Do not even consider trying to do the driving  yourself.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Could you please advise what time and where it's not chocked, apart perhaps early am. I am driving there about once a month and travel a lot in the city, it's always chocked, this is between 11am an 6pm. Soon as dark I park up, if going out at night its a taxi.

All day maundy thursday and good friday the street are also devoid of any traffic. We landed at terminal 3 on the thurday morning and saw probably half a dozen cars all of the way the Makati.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:03 PM, oldutot said:

Is the traffic that bad in Cebu

Well as a comparison on the island (not just the city) - I have done 2 trips from Cebu (Guadalupe Bgy) to Moalboal on the other side of the island.

Distance according to Google maps is just 86km  - with the current driving estimate of 3 hours 5 mins. I have never done the trip in less than 3h hours 40 mins.

Last month back in AU I took my GF from Brisbane City to the northern part of the Gold Coast - distance was 84 km - did that in 55 minutes - with roadworks at the southern end. 

You get the idea ...... she sure got a shock too :smile:

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, oldutot said:

Hey Jake,   It’s our fast boat to mango street :7500:

I might need this boat patrolling the shores when I visit a Mactan resort

• Like 1