Traffic

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 8/18/2018 at 3:57 PM, GBT62 said:

Well as a comparison on the island (not just the city) - I have done 2 trips from Cebu (Guadalupe Bgy) to Moalboal on the other side of the island.

Distance according to Google maps is just 86km  - with the current driving estimate of 3 hours 5 mins. I have never done the trip in less than 3h hours 40 mins.

Last month back in AU I took my GF from Brisbane City to the northern part of the Gold Coast - distance was 84 km - did that in 55 minutes - with roadworks at the southern end. 

You get the idea ...... she sure got a shock too :smile:

Just back from Cebu so like to share this.

Left central Cebu at 10am for Compostella, arrived Compostella  12.30pm, it's 30KM. Spent almost an hour in AS Fortuna which has four lanes, my guess about 5KM long. 

I will not say how long from S&R to IT park  cause nobody going to believe me........Just hope it's the last trip there for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Capa
Posted
Posted
On 9/6/2018 at 7:05 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you take 4 dogs, 3 security guards, one look out and a partridge in a pear tree when you venture outside of fort knox? 

Yes, well it  would be wise to bring those items when walking around at night, but come dusk and I am safely buttoned up inside the compound!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Capa said:

Yes, well it  would be wise to bring those items when walking around at night, but come dusk and I am safely buttoned up inside the compound!

Reminds me of Charlton Heston in Soylent Green!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Capa said:

but come dusk and I am safely buttoned up inside the compound!

:sad: Yeah, I had an uncle who was like the for 3+ years in a Compound in Burma many years ago :ohmy:

marine6357
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Reminds me of Charlton Heston in Soylent Green!

Or Omega Man

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Or Omega Man

Oh crap, you are right!  Right actor, wrong movie!  Omega Man was the zombie movie where he stayed in his fortress every night!

Based on a 1954 novel, the first movie version was Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price.

And then Will Smith starred in the third remake, I Am Legend.

I have not seen the first one, but in the last two, there was very little traffic.

Edited by OnMyWay
Stay on topic
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Oh crap, you are right!  Right actor, wrong movie!  Omega Man was the zombie movie where he stayed in his fortress every night!

:hystery: Does that ring a bell anyone? :wink:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, Capa said:

Is that when you take the mousetrap from your pockets?   Holes are more fun!!

:console:

• Like 1

Capa
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/9/2018 at 10:04 PM, Gerald Glatt said:

Is that when you take the mousetrap from your pockets?   Holes are more fun!!

:console:

Yes I agree, holes can be more fun! But, on topic, I wonder if we could purchase one of those Mad Max-looking armored cars and drive around in that? People would be sure to get out of the way of one of those!

Edited by Old55
Misspelled holes

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2018 at 6:51 PM, Capa said:

Yes I agree, holes can be more fun! But, on topic, I wonder if we could purchase one of those Mad Max-looking armored cars and drive around in that? People would be sure to get out of the way of one of those!

How about a jeep with a snow plow and 105.  Plow would take care of trikes bikes and peds.  105 for those annoying buses.

:thumbsup: