Help with British Expatriate in Baua, Gonzaga

Recommended Posts

Posted

I urgently require humanitarian help with an elderly British Expatriate male living in Baua, Gonzaga.

The gentleman extremely really ill, suffering  from manic depression that requires medication to control it which he no longer has. 

Yesterday he got beaten  badly.  I think we all know what the result of what another beating might be to an elderly man in poor health!

I am looking for someone there I can trust to get him to the British Embassy so that he can be repatriated back to the uk for his own safety. 

Unfortunately he has lost access to his pension (he must prove again that he is alive and living in the Philippines before it will be reinstated) and at present is destitute, only surviving on a local Samaritans goodwill. 

I am hoping for a humanitarian to contact me and together help the gentleman out of his dire situation.

Remember, this could happen to anyone of us.

If you help, please reply to this thread and I will supply contact details.

 

Regards, 

Steve

IMG-20180805-WA0000.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Wish I could help. Have you tried ringing the embassy? They have an emergency line:
https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-manila

Can't he get any more meds? Olanzapine and Lorazepam (for sleep) should help a lot, both should be available in local pharmacies. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Does he have family in the UK?  The embassies wont do much unless all avenues are exhausted. 

Can I ask how you know this person's situation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
4 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Wish I could help. Have you tried ringing the embassy? They have an emergency line:
https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-manila

Can't he get any more meds? Olanzapine and Lorazepam (for sleep) should help a lot, both should be available in local pharmacies. 

 I know you meant well, but before simply buying any meds, need to know his overall medical condition, make sure he has no allergies to them and what, if any, interactions they may cause to any other meds he may be taking. Best to consult a doctor for medicine; especially when it concerns the elderly.  Fat story thin - leave it to a professional. 

Hope things work out for the gent and that he has some family member who can help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
5 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Can't he get any more meds? Olanzapine and Lorazepam (for sleep) should help a lot, both should be available in local pharmacies. 

I think with no pension or money getting anything will be hard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
13 hours ago, Abfo12 said:

Unfortunately he has lost access to his pension (he must prove again that he is alive and living in the Philippines before it will be reinstated) and at present is destitute, only surviving on a local Samaritans goodwill. 

1

This has come up on this forum before.  It is a matter of sending a notarized letter to the British pension authorities to show proof of life.  Surely you can take that on by yourself?  Once he has his pension back it is up to him what he wants to do.  Forgive me if it seems harsh, but I have seen other well-meaning individuals interfere with people who just want to be left alone, even if it means they die at home in their own bed. 

(To the other members:  There is more to the story.  The op has not yet replied here but he has posted on a Brit forum looking for the same thing so there is more info out there if you wish to search for it.  We do not link to other forums.)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Thanks for your candid reply and although to some extent I agree with your opinion on what I have wrot, please bear in mind that there is a bigger picture than is painted by the few lines in this thread.

Once the gentleman in question is on the correct medication and able to make a reasoned decision on his path for the future it would no longer be my concern.  Until then I would like to take a humanitarian position and do all that can be done to get him into that position of self determination. 

 

Cheers

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
On 8/5/2018 at 3:33 AM, Abfo12 said:

I urgently require humanitarian help with an elderly British Expatriate male living in Baua, Gonzaga.

The gentleman extremely really ill, suffering  from manic depression that requires medication to control it which he no longer has. 

Yesterday he got beaten  badly.  I think we all know what the result of what another beating might be to an elderly man in poor health!

I am looking for someone there I can trust to get him to the British Embassy so that he can be repatriated back to the uk for his own safety. 

Unfortunately he has lost access to his pension (he must prove again that he is alive and living in the Philippines before it will be reinstated) and at present is destitute, only surviving on a local Samaritans goodwill. 

I am hoping for a humanitarian to contact me and together help the gentleman out of his dire situation.

Remember, this could happen to anyone of us.

If you help, please reply to this thread and I will supply contact details.

 

Regards, 

Steve

IMG-20180805-WA0000.jpg

 

Having a pistol on a lanyard around his neck probably doesn’t help the cause here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

I agree but if you read the post about his state of mind a bit of lee way please.

Admin, Please delete the post as fortunately I have received help and direction from a person of empathy.

Thank you for allowing me to post

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
3 minutes ago, Abfo12 said:

I agree but if you read the post about his state of mind a bit of lee way please.

Admin, Please delete the post as fortunately I have received help and direction from a person of empathy.

Thank you for allowing me to post

 

I will be happy to close this topic more so because apparently more info available on other forums but was not shared here so not sure why anyone here would have been inclined to help anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jollygoodfellow locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...