I think I am turning into a Dirty Old man!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: It is not what some may think but :89: it will make you wonder.

I was reading somewhere not long ago (and now I can't find it) that here in the Philippines some bright University think tank has said that too much Washing (Showers and such) is bad for the Skin, hair and nails as it washes off/out all the natural oils that are needed to maintain a Good outer Health. Now I am not sure about this so I gave it a try for a couple of weeks, I was no different in smell [according to my wife] so maybe it is true and this constant bathing is just a waste of time, money and toiletries. Yeah if I have been in the Garden working or such but as we don't go out that often (Due to Azon working) maybe I won't bother too much on the grooming if it is just day to day things and wow not shaving for a few days GREAT. so as I say, maybe I am turning into a Dirty Old man BUT if it got bad I just know what the SAO will be saying. :whistling:"Time you had a wash" Yet again, is it a cultural thing? my Helpers can have 3/4 Showers a day needed or not Yet my neighbours say the same as this Thing I read, Too much Washing brings out spots and makes the nails soft :hystery: and I can't do a thing with my hair.

Nasty Comments please on a postcard, Nice comments/views here :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Interesting that this came up today.  Lynne was gone for 10 days and just got back the other day.  She says:  "I'm gone all this time and you only have such a small amount of clothes to wash.  Who did your laundry for you?"  I told her that when she is gone I wear the same clothes for days at a time and she also called me a dirty old man. :hystery:  I don't get any respect!.  Here's me thinking I will get praised for saving water and giving her less work to do and all I get is being called a "dirty old man".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

For those thinking of joining the Dumaguete get together please think again. :whatever:

Peter a true brit.jpg:hystery: LOL don't I scrub well for the meets? :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

For those thinking of joining the Dumaguete get together please think again. :whatever:

They are known to always wear freshly washed and pressed dresses 👗 to those “meetings”.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2018 at 9:43 PM, Old55 said:

They are known to always wear freshly washed and pressed dresses 👗 to those “meetings”.

Yes thanks for letting us borrow yours.

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2018 at 3:34 PM, Jack Peterson said:

I was reading somewhere not long ago (and now I can't find it) that here in the Philippines some bright University think tank has said that too much Washing (Showers and such) is bad

Well when you have water service from a 1/2 inch pipe and the flow is like a trickle it`s not hard not to shower.Thankfully MCWD came to day and installed 3/4 pipework from the 4 inch main on the main road,now we can shower through choice not as it is available.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2018 at 11:43 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

steptoe.jpg

My reason for not washing so often is.... at my age it's hard climbing into the sink!

1ipdvt.jpg (JPEG Image, 620 × 478 pixels)

• Haha 1