I think I am turning into a Dirty Old man!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

yearly maintenance on the 3 Units

I wish I had a good aircon guy like that.  Everyone I have tried says "no need for maintenance" just clean every 3 months.  I ask countless about checking freon and shit like that and they all say "no need".  Dang Philippines.  Can't even GIVE my money away.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

I wish I had a good aircon guy like that.  Everyone I have tried says "no need for maintenance" just clean every 3 months.  I ask countless about checking freon and shit like that and they all say "no need".  Dang Philippines.  Can't even GIVE my money away.

We decided to go back the Polaris ( The supplier) although Dearer [ but not that much] they actually dismantal the whole thing and clean  [checking the parts] So much better, we asked the engineer here and he said that so many of the A/C people Locally just want to clean ( earn and move on) but when we have invested so much on these things we are saying  "Lets do it right"

Total for today will be about 2.500 peso  against 1.400 but all done and  parts changed and Freon Filled. Yes 1.100 more But......:smile:

I will add that the Guy we have been using turns up and Gone in a hour per unit 3 hours max all three and leaves a mess but here we have 4 and I can see the difference in the work attitude :867:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

We decided to go back the Polaris

For anyone installing air conditioners in their house, that is good advice.  Loads of places are cheaper, but problems will develop over a couple of years and all you will get is a cleaning and a shrug, or an expensive repair job when they finally break. (Voice of experience here.)  So if I had to do it over I would go to Polaris and ask if they will sell the units, install them, clean them regularly, maintain them as needed, and just give me the bill so I have a cool house with no stress. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So if I had to do it over I would go to Polaris and ask if they will sell the units, install them, clean them regularly, maintain them as needed, and just give me the bill so I have a cool house with no stress. :tiphat:

Exactly what we have done now and I get a gut feeling we have made the right decision. Cheap normally turns out False Economy :smile:

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Or after all this time you still have no idea of how to attach a picture to your post.  :89:

I get by with a little help from my friends...... JGF.....all you need is love

" You can't teach an old dog new trick's"  :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/11/2018 at 5:43 AM, Queenie O. said:

Maybe it's different for women.

@Queenie,we have a water heater and yesterday we went to a little spot in the mountains near a river.These two decide they are going to bathe there in freezing water so most definitely(for mine at least) it`s different for women.I cant win and have given up trying with them.

• Haha 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2018 at 6:43 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

steptoe.jpg

nice hat

• Haha 1