Globe's Mobile WiFi Ripoff

BKB
Posted
Posted

Since the wifi belongs to the owner, he has the password so he, friends and family can use your load if so inclined, as long as it is turned on. If i were you i would change the wifi password or at least turn it off when not using it, for peace of mind.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BKB said:

Since the wifi belongs to the owner, he has the password so he, friends and family can use your load if so inclined, as long as it is turned on. If i were you i would change the wifi password or at least turn it off when not using it, for peace of mind.

Unless they live next door I doubt if anyone will be getting data by reception. 

BKB
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Unless they live next door I doubt if anyone will be getting data by reception. 

Thats true but a possibility never the less...

Gator
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, bows00 said:

.........and watching any type of video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) will consume about 1 GB per hour.  So if you do the math, a typical Netflix movie will cost you around $5 US. 

I don’t know about YouTube, but for Netflix you can throttle your usage back to 0.3. Gigs per hour. Log in and go to the profile you want to adjust (each profile will need to be adjusted separately). Go to Settings > My Account > My Profile > Playback Settings.  The default setting should be Auto; you can then adjust it to Low, Medium, High or Auto. 

As I typically watch Netflix on my iPad or Phone, I leave mine set to Low. I don’t notice any difference in video quality. The only time I did notice a slight difference was when I hooked  my phone up to a big screen TV via a lightning to HDMI adaptor, but even then it wasn’t too bad. 

And, as I’m sure you already know, you can download many movies and watch them later offline. To save your data simply download them when you’re somewhere with free WiFi.  

• Like 1

Howard
Posted
Posted

Get a globe tattoo sim for your phone. Load the GOTSCOMBODD90 on it. It gives you 2GB of data which is good for a week for 90 peso and unlimited texts to all networks. If you use it up just load it again. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

Globe home wifi plans offer sufficient data and you can top up when you run out to tide you over to the end of the month until your new capacity kicks in.  I think my plan is 100GB per month for 1299php and I can buy an extra 50GB for 99php 

I have Globe wireless modem "broadband".  I get 50 Gb a month for 1299 - but no top off available.  I tried to buy one and it would not process. When I asked customer service they said 'way out' where I live (20 km from city center) there is no top off allowed?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Almost all as that is my business these days and condos we offer have skycable.

I must have phrased my reply incorrectly because I am sure you are doing the right thing.  I meant what kind of tenant would do that.  it is the owner or property manager's job to provide wifi in short-term rental places.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

When I asked customer service they said 'way out' where I live (20 km from city center) there is no top off allowed?

This Tim I don't understand if you have Internet account, there should be problem Purchasing a top up, the account is central where you live should make no difference

JFYI  https://www.recharge.com/en/philippines/globe-top-up?aid=38&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzK_bBRDDARIsAFQF7zPYo63-QHFRJqnUMpWDt0f8qEGjp7T8khgkGTBALxkWXqxAOWr9QCsaAuLYEALw_wcB

http://www.globe.com.ph/help/broadband/volume-boost?jsid=1533867996882

Worth looking into I feel :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

No assumption needed.  I said it outright:

Well no, you didn't.  You said Globe Mobile wifi - for all I know that could be portable wifi.

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

This Tim I don't understand if you have Internet account, there should be problem Purchasing a top up, the account is central where you live should make no difference

JFYI  https://www.recharge.com/en/philippines/globe-top-up?aid=38&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzK_bBRDDARIsAFQF7zPYo63-QHFRJqnUMpWDt0f8qEGjp7T8khgkGTBALxkWXqxAOWr9QCsaAuLYEALw_wcB

http://www.globe.com.ph/help/broadband/volume-boost?jsid=1533867996882

Worth looking into I feel :thumbsup:

Agreed.  As far as I know, location may affect the speed available but not the data capacity