Southern Cebu terrorism threat again. True or False?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Ive come to the conclusion that there is a lot of misinformation and rumour that gets places a bad name ,whilst there is no doubt that in some areas of mindanao ,theres a risk to life ,other areas felt quite safe ,last march i went as far as compostella, the locals told me i was safe and i felt safe but ,the people i mer in davao told me compostella was dangerous 

In davao i git chatting to some moslems who thanked me wholeheartedly  when i said that i felt very safe , i walked around the city at night and never felt threatened, mind you i did see a bar with a sign saying hand all firearms int0 security 

It reminds me very much of old glasgow ,in the way that reputations gave places a bad name ,reputations that were very out dated 

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Ive come to the conclusion that there is a lot of misinformation and rumour that gets places a bad name

Filipinos have the same level of "familiarity breeds contempt" when it comes to typhoons.  Almost none of them believed the news that Yolanda would be a super typhoon.  So they were caught unaware when it hit.  Shame really, but its human nature that most people only rely on their own personal experience.  That can be a blessing or a curse.

It is said that "forewarned is forearmed" but it only counts if you believe the warnings and do something about them.  However, I'm rambling.  To your point, the misinformation and rumors come about because there are too many chickens running around saying "the sky is falling" so it's hard to know how real the danger is.  Keep your head on your shoulders (literally). 

• Like 1