New member living in Philippines

Johnkalbo
Posted
Posted

Hi I put a bit about me and darna my Filipino wife on my profile but I lived in Angeles for 6 years and worked in Clark so I am not a novice although I here what you say I have been involved with some charity work by way of looking after a family there not my Owen ,I also understand the way things work out there we are going to build a small property in mazbate for long holidays I thought It may be a good place to carry on my hobby acnolaging the many pitfall there may be, kindest regards john and darna 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Welcome once again John

Thanks for intro, six years in Angeles makes you an old hand maybe able to fill some of us in on your experiences.

Cheers JB

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks JB! 👍

Johnkalbo
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Welcome once again John

Thanks for intro, six years in Angeles makes you an old hand maybe able to fill some of us in on your experiences.

Cheers JB

No problem I've have seen both sides of life there are good and bad but money's king not to say you cannot find a good girl we have been together 9 years and I would live it all again I have been through the mill with two uk wives I will not entertain one again I am very happy ,also it's not always the Filipinos you have to watch the spats can also cause lots of problems any info you want just ask I will give you unbiased answers  many thanks 

• Like 5

Johnkalbo
Posted
Posted

Sorry I ment xpats 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Welcome John. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Johnkalbo said:

we are going to build a small property in mazbate

I know more than a few foreigners with Filipina wives or partners from Masbate.  These foreigners usually go there once or twice but I know of no one who went there a third time.  They let their ladies go by themselves to Masbate now.  The ladies go when they want to visit relatives and friends.  Each has different reasons but if you plan to build and live there you will want to spend a lot of time figuring out why the other expats do not like it.  One of my friends has a wife who goes there quite frequently.  Land is cheap and she built a boarding house in Masbate for her own retirement venture.  It makes her happy and she believes it will provide her with something to do when her older husband eventually passes away.  He is happy to have his free time when she goes to Masbate.

But this is all anecdotal stuff.  Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will work out what is best for you.

Johnkalbo
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I know more than a few foreigners with Filipina wives or partners from Masbate.  These foreigners usually go there once or twice but I know of no one who went there a third time.  They let their ladies go by themselves to Masbate now.  The ladies go when they want to visit relatives and friends.  Each has different reasons but if you plan to build and live there you will want to spend a lot of time figuring out why the other expats do not like it.  One of my friends has a wife who goes there quite frequently.  Land is cheap and she built a boarding house in Masbate for her own retirement venture.  It makes her happy and she believes it will provide her with something to do when her older husband eventually passes away.  He is happy to have his free time when she goes to Masbate.

But this is all anecdotal stuff.  Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will work out what is best for you.

Ah ok I Understand what you mean I have never been there and the reason for the house is maybe the same  but also to get away from her other family which are outlaws not in-laws  my wife comes from bilaran we have been there also culaba ect but too near for comfort I will go into details maybe later my wife has a half brother in Masbate who (seams) to be a deacent guy that is why we are looking for a long term holiday home I don’t think living full time is going to work for me the main thing is medical although money in not the problem I have a income from Pention’s of 150,000 peso a month which is enough  BUT it’s not going to happen full time... chears john 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi john 

Good luck mate ,i too have 2 ex english wifes lol

My best buddy is a diabetic and living in pampanga,  he has no problems  getting meds the only thing he had to do was get a decent fridge for the insulin pens ,this guy has a multitude of ailments and returns to the uk ,to stock up on meds ,this offsets cost etc

Johnkalbo
Posted
Posted

Yes same as me I have to have hormon gel I also have spinal stanosis L2 3 and 4 and blood pressure which gets better in the Philippines so have to go back about 3 times a year the good thing is I am a curry shef I left from one of the best I am a uk Brit just got interested you never know may be come in handy