Forieners targeted in San Carlos City

BKB
Posted
Posted

Just a heads up, In San Carlos City, at about 10 am Tuesday in broad daylight, 3 separate foreigners homes  in the same subdivision were broken into and robbed in the space of an hour. They rip the lock off the gate, pry open the doors and seem to be looking for only small items, cash, jewelry and laptops. Keep your eyes open for strangers hanging in the area when you leave your home.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A Google news search of San Carlos, Negros Occidental, comes up with numerous articles about shabu.  That may be a clue to the reason behind these robberies.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

I live in a sub division here and this is the first I and my foreigner....Filipino friends have heard about it.

Would you mind to share where the info came from. I am aware there are the usual crimes here as anywhere how ever nothing out of the odinary to best of my knowledge.

• Like 2

BKB
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, RBM said:

I live in a sub division here and this is the first I and my foreigner....Filipino friends have heard about it.

Would you mind to share where the info came from. I am aware there are the usual crimes here as anywhere how ever nothing out of the odinary to best of my knowledge.

The info came from my personal experience as home owner and victim. It wasn't in the news that im aware of. After all it was only 3, 1/2  foreigner families that were robed. The subdivision is not gated with management, it is a new section that was added to brgy. 1 late 60's or early  70's. The info that 2 other houses were also involved came from the police when my wife was reporting the crime.

it was bold to do the b+e's in daylight hours. My best guess is the shabo heads are hurting because of the 6 kilo bust in San Carlos a couple days ago. Must have driven the local prices up.

We have repaired and fortified the front gate and are in the process of installing a metal mesh gate on the front door.

I'm thankful my wife wasn't at home or hurt, we lost about 700, 000.P all in. Lesson learned, hopefully something good will come out of this. I have been encouraging my wife to get her firearms license for a couple of years now and I hope this will give her some incentive. I told my wife when we got married that a big target is now on her back and she has to be more careful that the scum of the earth don't pursue her... As the drug war continues I think we might see more of this in the future so best to take precautions now...

Edited by BKB
i cant type
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BKB said:

The info came from my personal experience as home owner and victim. It wasn't in the news that im aware of. After all it was only 3, 1/2  foreigner families that were robed. The subdivision is not gated with management, it is a new section that was added to brgy. 1 late 60's or early  70's. The info that 2 other houses were also involved came from the police when my wife was reporting the crime.

it was bold to do the b+e's in daylight hours. My best guess is the shabo heads are hurting because of the 6 kilo bust in San Carlos a couple days ago. Must have driven the local prices up.

We have repaired and fortified the front gate and are in the process of installing a metal mesh gate on the front door.

I'm thankful my wife wasn't at home or hurt, we lost about 700, 000.P all in. Lesson learned, hopefully something good will come out of this. I have been encouraging my wife to get her firearms license for a couple of years now and I hope this will give her some incentive. I told my wife when we got married that a big target is now on her back and she has to be more careful that the scum of the earth don't pursue her... As the drug war continues I think we might see more of this in the future so best to take precautions now...

Sorry for your loss. And thanks for the information and suggestions for added security. But, wow, I almost fell off my chair with I read about the 700Kp stolen - was that all cash?  I would think it would be very hard to keep that a secret for long.  For me personally, just have (usually) under 5Kp in cash (on ave). And we have security bars on all windows and doors - a must in my opinion.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BKB said:

I'm thankful my wife wasn't at home or hurt, we lost about 700, 000.P all in.

Can we read into this that you are not there and your wife is home by herself or with helpers?

Filipinas have to be the worst kind of people when it comes to security.  In my experience, they seldom lock the door properly and if they do, they still leave a key under the mat in case they lose theirs.

• Like 1

BKB
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

was that all cash? 

No cash, it was all jewelry, the biggest item was my mothers diamond ring that i gave my wife for engagement. Besides sentimental value it was worth the most money.

BKB
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Filipinas have to be the worst kind of people when it comes to security

I hear you on that one, the kicker is that we have a hidden safe that was not touched or discovered but my wife thought better by keeping all her jewellery in a metal locking box in the dresser. That box was left empty and open on the floor when she got home. Strange thing is there were a couple of fairly high end Luminox watches that they didn't take, either they were too stupid or only had interest in gold...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BKB said:

fairly high end Luminox watches that they didn't take,

I would imagine that they are manufacturer numbered and therefore traceable :89:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would imagine that they are manufacturer numbered and therefore traceable :89:

Maybe something which stands that much is too much hassle to get rid of or they just did not know what they were looking at.

• Hmm thinking 1