Forieners targeted in San Carlos City

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BKB said:

only had interest in gold...

Perhaps you have heard all the Filipinas with foreign husbands talking to each other?  Many of them are talking about how much of what they have.  It seems to be a status thing that many (most?) of the Filipina spouses do.  Chances are VERY good that your wife was talking to people about her wonderful jewelry collection and word got around to the wrong people :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:  It is even possible that she showed the jewelry to some close friends who did not know how to keep their mouth shut.  That would mean the jewelry was the target and anything else was collateral damage.

Since other foreigners were targeted in the same area, it would be very interesting to know if the wives knew and talked to some of the same people.  That could narrow down the list of suspects.  However, when I was robbed in Cebu some years back I just wanted to let it go and move on.  It's possible that you want to do the same.  I had to move to another neighborhood though.  Once the crooks found a healthy target they came back for more.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BKB said:

The info came from my personal experience as home owner and victim. It wasn't in the news that im aware of. After all it was only 3, 1/2  foreigner families that were robed. The subdivision is not gated with management, it is a new section that was added to brgy. 1 late 60's or early  70's. The info that 2 other houses were also involved came from the police when my wife was reporting the crime.

it was bold to do the b+e's in daylight hours. My best guess is the shabo heads are hurting because of the 6 kilo bust in San Carlos a couple days ago. Must have driven the local prices up.

We have repaired and fortified the front gate and are in the process of installing a metal mesh gate on the front door.

I'm thankful my wife wasn't at home or hurt, we lost about 700, 000.P all in. Lesson learned, hopefully something good will come out of this. I have been encouraging my wife to get her firearms license for a couple of years now and I hope this will give her some incentive. I told my wife when we got married that a big target is now on her back and she has to be more careful that the scum of the earth don't pursue her... As the drug war continues I think we might see more of this in the future so best to take precautions now...

Also very saddened by your loss, thought was a miss type when read P700K.

Surprised this news has not gone around, mentioned it at tennis and nobody had heard anything. Normally such news travels fast. Your post is  beneficial to us all to be aware. From your comments  I think your living in St Charles area, we are South Villa how ever it can will happen any where. Not sure the drugged seizures have any bearing on the situation. My thinking  is prices are increasing crazily and the average worker is just able to make ends meet, throw in an urgent operation for a family member and anything is possible.

Our main security is a 45 KG Rotti with a very loud bark, so far no issues how ever very aware this is far from fool proof so also installed CTV and motion detector lights,  we chose no concrete fences at all. Just could not live  in a prison like environment. Prickly burgonvillias do a great job and nice to look at.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I guess the issue or perhaps future thoughts is to not keep valuables at home. Condos are relatively safe but houses have the easy factor. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I guess the issue or perhaps future thoughts is to not keep valuables at home. Condos are relatively safe but houses have the easy factor. 

True, especially about leaving valuables at home. 

What we make a point of doing is when ever ( every week) we have a worker here when it comes to pay time we without exception say, wait few minutes must go ATM get money.

San Carlos is IMHO no more risky for burglaries than any other similar sized citiy. In our unguarded sub division our biggest issue we experienced was a plastic garbage bin which I left out all day disappeared.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2018 at 3:27 PM, RBM said:

True, especially about leaving valuables at home. 

What we make a point of doing is when ever ( every week) we have a worker here when it comes to pay time we without exception say, wait few minutes must go ATM get money.

San Carlos is IMHO no more risky for burglaries than any other similar sized citiy. In our unguarded sub division our biggest issue we experienced was a plastic garbage bin which I left out all day disappeared.

I like your “ must go to the atm” thinking. 

• Thanks 1