DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted

useful stuff. thanks

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

From what I have learned about buying land here is, there is one rule, and that is "Don't buy land". The number of different types of scams is mind boggling, once again due to the forum rules I cannot mention the scams that nearly brought me undone.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

once again due to the forum rules I cannot mention the scams that nearly brought me undone.

Scratching Head.jpg  But we have a Topic Header for just this, tell us the stories so many can learn

https://www.philippines-expats.com/forum/155-scams-to-be-aware-of-in-the-philippines/

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

From what I have learned about buying land here is, there is one rule, and that is "Don't buy land". The number of different types of scams is mind boggling, once again due to the forum rules I cannot mention the scams that nearly brought me undone.

Foreigners can't buy land In the Philippines. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Foreigners can't buy land In the Philippines. 

:smile: That is probably one of the Scams, Foreigners being told they can, if they use and Agent  homer-doh.jpg

It happens:wink:

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I will rephrase it then, "Don't get involved with any purchases of land" simple! Is that acceptable?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Onemore52 said:

"Don't get involved with any purchases of land" simple! Is that acceptable?

Very difficult to avoid if Married and want to build a family Home, Nothing wrong if you have a good  SO/Wife and have done all the Homework and crossed the "T's" and dotted the "i's," most problems that come up and the thing goes sour is when people Rush in  cos they got a pocket full of Money and don't know much about the GF ( which it is normally) Can't say we hear much about long  term Marriages/ Relationships that have gone really bad [ yes of course there are some] :sad:

A Good Friends told me we (the Foreigner) and our Money are only as safe & sound as our Relationship and that my friend is where many make the mistake "Fools rush in" comes to mind and of course in a lot of cases are "parted" from their money

Of course YMMV But.............................:smile:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

"Don't get involved with any purchases of land" simple! Is that acceptable?

It is acceptable advice.  It is wise advice.  It is advice that most readers will not listen to. Groucho Marx put it succinctly

Marx.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1