Avoiding fake land titles

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The one thing I've noticed is certainly not investing more than you can afford to lose or will grudge losing.  Buying in anothers name does appear to be a BIG no unless you've a strong and stable relationship. 

With the advent of the internet it's getting easier to meet a partner, but at the same time more of the potential partners are finding ways to con people which gives them the financial security to be with the one they want. 

My partner is doing teacher training and there's another girl on her course who is married to a foreigner and two others with foreign boyfriends.  My partner tells me they chat amongst each other about the pros and cons of having a foreign boyfriend.  I'm the only one that has been seen dropping my partner off, the others keep their boyfriends as low profile as possible due to the other girls impression that a foreigner is super rich and will set them up for life.  My partner has already been briefed there's no Golden Egg. There will be only rentals that we live in so if she wants a sucker look elsewhere.  Her other friends hear the girls talking about getting a foreigner to set them up then their true boyfriends will come and live with them.  They know a couple of years of patience beats a lifetime of living in a shack with no way out.  Having seen local boyfriends dropping their partners off to work in the girlie bars as prostitutes the guys don't mind waiting a few years either. 

Snowy it would appear your writing about bar girls here, anyone believing the dribble they come out with deserves what they get. It's beyond me why they would entertain same.

On a lighter note pleased to read your settled with a new partner, do hope it smooth sailing after your last rather choppy ride.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 8/17/2018 at 12:35 PM, RBM said:

Wonder how many expats feel about this statement.  I know of many including  myself whom have land Holdings here and are very satisfied with the results, many years on.

Think it's to broad  a statement on the point of being  negative, as friend Jack said do not rush in an do your homework. Myself and many others have never been happier than having a place we are prepared to call home

My wife and I bought land 14 years ago, 1200 SM and have a Gorgeous house that we reside in.  

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Snowy it would appear your writing about bar girls here, anyone believing the dribble they come out with deserves what they get. It's beyond me why they would entertain same.

On a lighter note pleased to read your settled with a new partner, do hope it smooth sailing after your last rather choppy ride.

Sadly not bar girls.  The guys appear to be getting switched on to them.  Life is going well with my current partner.  I'm now onto my third relationship having tried a successful older woman,  pretty younger woman with a steady job and now another pretty younger one with get up and go.  I've  been friends with this one over 3 years and never once has she asked for a peso.  Her dream is to be a qualified teacher and to stand on her own two feet. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly not bar girls.  The guys appear to be getting switched on to them.  Life is going well with my current partner.  I'm now onto my third relationship having tried a successful older woman,  pretty younger woman with a steady job and now another pretty younger one with get up and go.  I've  been friends with this one over 3 years and never once has she asked for a peso.  Her dream is to be a qualified teacher and to stand on her own two feet. 

Lets stick with the topic now please which is avoiding fake land titles otherwise it just becomes all over the place and general chat. 

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

I still own my 3000m property with my wife. I haven't built on it yet so fingers crossed. She has some real winners for family members.I hope the title is good.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 8/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, Jack Peterson said:

We can go round and round on this one as our Dave says but it would be useful to have a For Instance from the OP @Onemore52so maybe we can see where he is coming From. If it is about a Relationship gone wrong, sorry if it was a too personal problem but......................

Jack,

My apologies I have been absent for a few days, brown out galore here, well really they are blackouts but I will stick with what the locals say.

I will post in the "Scams to be aware of " about my experiences here.

Cheers

• Like 3