health insurance in USA

jax1jax1
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have health insurance coverage, but only outside the US.  Previously I had found health insurance for US citizens traveling to the US for short periods, but that company stopped offering that policy.  Does anyone know where to get health coverage for a US citizen going to the US?  I would think others are in the same situation and some company should offer.  Thanks.  Jack

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Try USA-Assist.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am lucky, as a disabled vet I get all my care free at the VA!  I did not had health insurance since the 90s :tiphat:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I am lucky, as a disabled vet I get all my care free at the VA!  I did not had health insurance since the 90s :tiphat:

Me too, the problem is what to do about insurance for my wife in the States? ChampVA paying 75% here is pretty good but the 25% copay in the States could wallet breaking.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Me too, the problem is what to do about insurance for my wife in the States? ChampVA paying 75% here is pretty good but the 25% copay in the States could wallet breaking.

You can buy a policy for her at USA Assist.  I don't know why, but there are not many companies selling travel insurance for trips to the U.S.  Someone here on the forum recommended USA Assist for my 2017 family trip to the U.S.  I paid $681 for a $50 deductible plan for the 5 of us, for our 32 day trip.  That was mostly a medical plan and did not include trip cancellation insurance.

For future trips, I will include trip cancellation insurance.  With a larger family of 5 now, the odds of someone getting sick and not being able to fly are higher.

• Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Here in the UK you get worldwide excluding the USA travel insurance and worldwide including the USA at a greater cost. I've just renewed our annual cover and dropped the USA this time as we are unlike to visit there anytime soon as we went last year.