Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I am always thinking of head.

Well that explains it :hystery::lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Even the term "Non-Working Holiday" is so typical - why not keep it simple and say non-working day or even better, just holiday?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Even the term "Non-Working Holiday" is so typical - why not keep it simple and say non-working day or even better, just holiday?

Sometimes as with most things here it would be easier to tell you when they are working or what is available.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Sometimes as with most things here it would be easier to tell you when they are working or what is available.

Indeed.  Just as an example, i was in McDonalds yesterday and the server asked me what drinks I'd like with my meals.  After telling her, she told me they only had Sprite!  Jokingly I asked her why she bothered to ask me the question.  That apart, I've never known fast food restaurants run out of items so frequently as they do here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Don't give them any ideas. They'll start calling them NWHDs and newcomers will never find out what that means. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That apart, I've never known fast food restaurants run out of items so frequently as they do here

It's the syrup shortage which is affecting their drinks. 

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 8/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, Old55 said:

Triple that for local events for special days off. This is one of the many things killing Philippines economy International company's find production hours cut short by non working holidays.

And let’s not forget all those teacher conferences and “teacher doesn’t want to get her slippers wet” holidays, aka rainy days off. A girl I’m friends with lives near Angeles, her 8 year old daughters been off from school more then going for the past 2 weeks.....either due to holidays (local Pampanga days and national) or flooding from the typhoon. She told me this morning that today is a school day, but off again tomorrow. Btw, her daughter wants to be a teacher.....no wonder, get paid and hardly have to work. 

Good thing it doesn’t snow there or those kids wouldn’t graduate grammer school until they’re 30, lol

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 8/19/2018 at 2:08 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

It's the syrup shortage which is affecting their drinks. 

The last time it was a gas shortage...i wonder what next?

And it's not just drinks, they are continually running out of food items also.

Yes, we are in the Philippines but you would think these global machines would have a well-oiled supply chain in place by now.

Ah well, the food ain't that great anyway!

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 8/19/2018 at 1:57 PM, hk blues said:

Indeed.  Just as an example, i was in McDonalds yesterday and the server asked me what drinks I'd like with my meals.  After telling her, she told me they only had Sprite!  Jokingly I asked her why she bothered to ask me the question.  That apart, I've never known fast food restaurants run out of items so frequently as they do here.

How much worse could it be you ask?  Two years ago the wife and I went into one of the restaurants in Ayala for lunch.  I ordered Coke with my meal.  They delivered the meals, but not the Coke and I reminded the server.  After waiting about 10 minutes I took my ticket to the counter and asked for my Coke.  The answer - "We are out of Coke".  Why then did they take my order, fail to mention it when they brought the order to the table, and then ignore my request to the server?  I think that there is sometimes a tendency with service level personnel to ignore a problem in hopes that it will go away. :89:

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)

From what i have heard and can see the 22nd is no longer a holiday. From the sound of it a Facebook page affiliated with the Deped published something saying it was a holiday. It must be true its on Facebook :no:

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/08/17/1843402/maypasok-aug-22

MANILA, Philippines — There will be classes on Aug. 22 following the declaration of Malacañang that the regular holiday in observance of the Muslim feast of Eid’l Adha or Feast of Sacrifice will be on Aug. 21, which coincides with the special holiday commemorating the death of Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino Jr.

Education Undersecretary Annalyn Sevilla said the department would adjust the school calendar to reflect the announcement of the Palace.

The Department of Education (DepEd) earlier noted in its school calendar for 2018-2019 that the regular holiday for Eid’l Adha is on Aug. 22.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/08/17/1843402/maypasok-aug-22#F2JvcuIm7O8KMs2B.99

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1758398

Edited by Gas