Certificate of No Impedance

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guy,

I know it's required and have filled out the application, but on the Aussie DFAT page is says that some countries only accept a CNI issued by the local embassy/consulate rather than one issued in your country of citizenship.  Is this the case in PI?  If it is, I'll wait until I arrive there next, if not I'll do it here in Australia and bring it with me. 

Thanks in advance.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Hi Guy,

I know it's required and have filled out the application, but on the Aussie DFAT page is says that some countries only accept a CNI issued by the local your embassy/consulate rather than one issued in your country of citizenshop.  Is this the case in PI?  If it is, I'll wait until I arrive there next, if not I'll do it here in Australia and bring it with me. 

Thanks in advance.  

Congratulations Brett, get in touch with the PI embassy in Canberra, only, they will steer you straight, email them and keep a hard copy to take over with you, good luck. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Congratulations Brett, get in touch with the PI embassy in Canberra, only, they will steer you straight, email them and keep a hard copy to take over with you, good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, good advice, I'll give it a shot. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I got mine in Australia. From memory which might be wrong through the Embassy in Brisbane but it was long ago. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I got mine in Australia. From memory which might be wrong through the Embassy in Brisbane but it was long ago. 

Has to be issued by the government of the country in which you hold citizenship.  So ours are through DFAT, it's just a matter of finding out whether PI will accept one issued here or it has to me issued from our embassy in Manila.  

https://smartraveller.gov.au/guide/all-travellers/birth-death-marriage/Pages/getting-married-overseas.aspx

I took Clermont's advice and emailed the PI embassy in Canberra, awaiting a reply now. 

Just for info, the PI consulate is still operating in Brisbane (as you know, massive expat filipino population in QLD) but in typical PI fashion it's only open 3 days a week for 6 hours each day :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

issued from our embassy in Manila.  

I just looked at mine and its Australia  Embassy Manila 

conm.jpg conm2.jpg

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tom, will let you know the reply I receive.

PS You need to be in Dumaguete next March or April :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

PS You need to be in Dumaguete next March or April 

Who knows. For a change things are going OK for me so let's see. Oh yes I love free beer :whistling: :7481:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I can think of one impedence. :whistling: 

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Just for info, the PI consulate is still operating in Brisbane (as you know, massive expat filipino population in QLD) but in typical PI fashion it's only open 3 days a week for 6 hours each day :SugarwareZ-005:

Brett, why I said Canberra, was we registered our wedding through Brisbane and they informed me all legal documents had to go through Canberra, I assumed that would be the case with your CNI. I also had to send my divorce certificate issued by the Australian government, expect a fee. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1